At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal is to understand our clients’ unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Financial Planning Specialist will be responsible for internally promoting the Wealth Manager Planning Network, and to increase adoption of planning by Wealth Managers for the $1-8 million liquidity client segment. The Financial Planning Specialist will provide training and ongoing coaching for Wealth Managers to ensure the planning deliverable is consistent with the standards of the Advanced Planning team.
Responsibilities range from educating and supporting wealth managers to spotting client issues in the financial plans for the Wealth Managers in the Planning Network. Additional responsibilities include ensuring Wealth Managers receive training and support to effectively implement planning into their wealth planning deliverables. This involves working and performing tasks in a collaborative environment.
What you will do as an Associate Director, Financial Planning Specialist
- Must be able to develop and maintain strong relationships with First Republic Relationship Managers and Bankers, and First Republic Investment Management Wealth Advisors and Wealth Managers.
- Must have experience in creating and presenting comprehensive financial plans preferably using eMoney.
- Must be able to guide Wealth Managers to:
- Compile information, conduct research and assemble all applicable client data necessary to develop a solid, viable, meaningful financial plan; this process may involve direct contact with the client/client delegates or investigative research using available online tools.
- Utilize financial planning software to build financial models based on client data and information compiled.
- Provide financial planning software training and support in a “Coach” role for Wealth Managers in the network.
- Actively engage internal partners for new financial planning clients and leads.
- Perform quality control testing to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the analysis developed by the Wealth Managers in the network and the financial planning software.
- Provide best practices training and coaching calls for Wealth Managers in the network.
- Maintain a command of new enhancements and features in the planning tools.
- Prepare and/or develop internal business update reports.
- Manage and maintain confidential client information.
- Maintain data needed to measure outcomes of the planning engagements.
- Participate in or lead various special projects related to planning.
What skills you will use:
- Solid understanding of essential planning concepts (i.e., estates and trusts, insurance, stock options, taxes, cash flow planning).
- Strong understanding of investments and financial markets.
- Familiarity with banking and wealth management products and services.
- Strong analytical and technical abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities under high pressure.
- Sound judgement and reasoning abilities.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Power Point, Excel, eMoney and a familiarity with or ability to be trained on WealthTec and NumberCruncher software.
- Tax background or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial planning.