Bay Point Wealth is a well-established, rapidly growing fee-only advisory firm with offices in Maryland, North Carolina, and Florida. Our primary purpose is to help people live well through expert, unbiased financial guidance through all stages of their financial journey.
We are seeking a compassionate, open-minded Associate Advisor in our Annapolis office to work with our Advisory Team in devising and implementing financial planning, tax and investment recommendations for our clients. The position will also have back-office operational duties
The Associate Advisor position is designed to provide a career track to becoming a Lead Advisor. The person hired will gain unparalleled training and experience in all aspects of comprehensive wealth management and have significant opportunities for continued responsibilities and advancement in the firm.
The Associate Advisor plays an integral role on both the Financial Planning and Investment Management Teams.
- Financial Planning: Attend meetings with clients and Advisors to understand clients’ goals, needs, and unique circumstances. Collect and enter key information into our systems. Work with Advisor to analyze data and create recommendations and presentation materials. Document meeting notes in our CRM and complete follow up tasks.
- Investment Management: Review clients’ current investments and objectives. Work with Advisor to create Investment Management proposals, including current portfolio analysis, recommended model allocation, and tax planning strategies.
- Back-office Operations: Help clients implement recommendations with Donor Advised Funds, 529 plans, mortgage refinancing, required minimum distributions, Roth conversions, and other tax planning strategies. This requires collaboration with other professional such as CPA’s, attorneys, insurance agents, etc.
All of Bay Point’s employees are caring, full of integrity, and have a commitment to excellence. In addition to these qualities, the ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Some financial planning experience a strong plus
- Interested in pursuing the CFP designation
- Experience with eMoney a huge plus