Client Advisor Position – Lynnfield MA
F.L.Putnam Investment Management Company is an independent, SEC registered investment advisor with offices throughout New England serving a nationally diversified clientele. With 66 employees, we currently have $4.2 billion under management, split between institutional (e.g., endowments and foundations) and private clients. We provide a comprehensive range of investment advisory and consulting, investment management, and financial planning services.
We are currently hiring a full-time Client Advisor in our Lynnfield, MA office. This Client Advisor will focus on providing financial planning services to our private client base. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated passion for financial planning and providing direct advice to clients. The Client Advisor will be directly responsible for managing new client relationships as part of a team approach consisting of a client advisor, an investment advisor and an account officer, supporting new business efforts, and engaging with the broader FLP team to meaningfully contribute to a growing and dynamic firm.
- Develop and deliver financial planning services to clients
- Oversee the implementation of financial planning recommendations
- Manage client relationships as part of a team, identifying and meeting client needs
- Exceed client expectations by helping to deliver the value proposition of our firm to our clients
- Engage with the firm’s strategic planning process and contribute to key initiatives
- Participate in firm committees as appropriate
- Contribute in every way to advancing the goals and objectives of F.L.Putnam
- Work directly with Investment Advisor and Account Officer team members to provide services to our Private Clients
- Use internal technology as well as Salesforce CRM and EMoney to meet client service requirements
- Attract new clients to the firm
- Elicit referrals from existing clients through exceptional client service
- Assist in new business presentations for inbound referrals
- Assume existing client relationships as part of a 3-person team in the role of Financial Planner (Client Advisor)
- Revenue responsibility and new revenue developed
- Client retention and satisfaction
- Execution of marketing plan and other strategic projects
- Development of the careers of those mentored
- Professional development
- Client Relationship Management
- Ability to provide feedback and mentor other members of the team
- Developing new business through referrals and marketing
- Ability to work closely with others as part of a team
- Highly versed with all facets of financial planning
Degrees and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, CFP® professional designation
- 7-10+ years working directly with clients as a financial planner
- Experience with eMoney, Salesforce and Orion a plus
F.L.Putnam is an equal opportunity employer. We run our business with the same principles that guide our ESG integrated investment process. Diversity and inclusion are important factors that we believe lead to stronger, more effective teams and better business outcomes, and are thus central to hiring process. The selected candidate will join a diverse and dynamic team working together to build a leading sustainable wealth and investment advisory firm serving our valued clients and positively impacting our stakeholders.
We offer competitive compensation (i.e., salary + bonus) and a comprehensive benefits package (e.g., health and dental coverage, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, health club reimbursement, etc.).
More information about our firm can be found at www.flputnam.com. If qualified and interested, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. In your cover letter / email, please describe yourself and why you believe your personal and professional qualities are a good fit for this position.