Your Mental Wealth Advisors was first founded in 2001 in San Francisco, CA. Our one goal was to provide a unique experience for clients that incorporated sound investment management, a blueprint for success and the right mindset to get there.
We are a fee-only Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) and Financial Life Management firm. We help our clients plan for their financial needs and give them advice on their investments. We help people feel safe and happy with how they manage their money.
We are the first firm in the United States to have a team of Certified Financial Behavior Specialists™ (FBS®). Our Advisors are trained to provide Client experiences that are insightful, powerful, and in tune with your needs. We only give advice that we would take ourselves. In addition, we share personal experiences of our own financial psychology and family history. It makes sense that if you are willing to trust us with your story, we should trust you with ours.
Operations and Planning Associate role:
This role is an entry level position for someone looking to get started in the financial services industry.
The Paraplanner is a growth-oriented position for an individual who aims to start their career in the financial planning and investment management industry with the ultimate goal to become a CFP and Managing partner.
The job position provides support to the Financial Planning team and will report to an advisor or director at our firm. This role's responsibilities include:
- Prepare documents for client presentations
- Assist the advisors with ongoing client maintenance
- Conduct analysis of information received
- Generate initial modeling and scenarios
- Proof-read and compile client presentations
- Create reports and gather statements
- Communicate and interact with clients as needed.
To be successful in this role you must communicate with team members regularly which includes coordinating tasks, work under tight deadlines, handle urgent requests, client interactions and prioritize tasks daily.
- Generate portfolio proposals for Advisors’ use in lead introductory meetings or review meetings with clients
- Collaborate with advisors on planning software to run scenarios and projections for leads and clients
- Update client portals and projections
- Generate New Account and account maintenance paperwork for clients
- Process and file signed paperwork
- Work with custodians to ensure timely account opening and maintenance
- Complete set-up of new accounts within the portfolio management database
- Process move money requests for clients
- Provide continuous status updates and communication with advisors and clients
- Assists clients accessing their accounts and troubleshooting issues with custodians
- Contact clients to set up review meetings & follow up as needed
- Customer-Relationship Management (CRM) data entry as needed
- Maintain/reconcile differences between custodian & CRM
- Maintain cash and asset restrictions within the different systems used
- 4 year accredited college degree
- 1 year of experience preferred but no experience required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- General understanding of financial planning topics (investments, retirement etc.)
- Strong organizational skills, multitasking, accuracy, and meticulous adherence to details required.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with client service mindset.
- Eager and self-motivated to learn about the financial planning and investment management industry.
- Efficient in research, troubleshooting, task management, and follow up.
- Professional and courteous demeanor with team-player mind-set.
- Life Insurance