Hamilton Capital is one of the nation’s largest independent, fee-only, registered investment advisory firms. We are headquartered in Columbus, OH and have a branch office in Palm Beach, FL. As a Registered Investment Advisor, we design and manage investment programs for institutions and help our private clients build, plan, and preserve wealth using these same institutional capabilities. We operate in a fiduciary role – providing the highest standard of care in creating comprehensive investment and financial solutions. Our professionals are experienced, credentialed, nationally recognized and have an uncompromising desire for excellence. At Hamilton Capital our Core Values are at the heart of what we do and guide us in every interaction with our clients, as well as our internal team members.
Serve First - Be Insightful - Guide Forward - Collaborate - Make it Happen
We are honored to have received many local and national recognitions including being named to the Financial Advisor magazine’s list of the nation’s largest independent advisors, Financial Times 300 – a list of the “industry’s elite advisors”, as well as receiving the Columbus Business First FAST 50 award, as one of Central Ohio’s 50 fastest growing companies, for the 8th year.
Hamilton Capital is seeking a dynamic professional to add to our Advisory Team. A Financial Advisor’s (FA) primary responsibility is to serve clients through genuine care and engagement in HC’s dynamic financial planning and investment advisory process. This team member works directly with clients to assist in achieving financial goals through discovery of short and long-term objectives and application of innovative plans unique to each person. A successful FA understands HC’s proprietary financial and investment solutions and assists clients through our process while fostering life-long relationships. This team member has minimum 5 years of related financial advisory experience working directly with clients.
- Supportive, flexible, people-oriented culture and a professional yet family atmosphere
- Individual contribution and innovation encouraged and recognized
- Personal and career development opportunities
- Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits, including a 401(k) Plan with employer contribution
- Incentive Plan
- Investment management and financial planning services
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Develops strong client relationships and delivers high-value proactive financial planning and investment advice.
- Increasingly serves as lead advisor and final decision-maker on client relationships as progression through HC’s financial advisor development program is achieved.
- Masters the firm’s standard of practice areas in financial planning, investment management and client service deliverables.
- Prepares for an follows-up on all client meetings and follows established processes to property document and maintain all client activities, communications, and records.
- Identifies important client issues in a timely manner, develops innovative solutions and effectively communicates solutions to the client.
- Collaborates with other team members on client engagements and team assignments.
- Keeps abreast of current developments in the financial industry.
- Identifies opportunities to grow our business through expanding existing client relationships and cultivating new client business through active prospecting.
- Acts as a true fiduciary to our clients and adheres to compliance standards applicable to the financial industry.
- Knows and communicates the philosophy and value of the firm’s financial planning and investment management services to our clients.
- Maintains a highly proficient understanding of the overall financial markets and how the past, current, and future market conditions impact clients and their investment portfolios.
- Provides leadership through coaching, counseling, guidance, support and feedback, to direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree required with an emphasis in financial planning, economics, accounting, or business preferred.
- CFP, ChFC, or CPA certification preferred, CFP required within 24 months of starting.
- Relevant graduate education preferred (ex. MBA, JD)
- Minimum of 5 years financial advisory or related experience required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and aptitude to learn specialized, industry-specific software programs.
- For confidential consideration, submit your resume in PDF format only to https://hamiltoncapital.isolvedhire.com/jobs/