JUMPSTART YOUR CAREER
One of America’s Top 15 internships according to Vault.com, Northwestern Mutual interns strive to understand their clients' goals and visions to uncover financial solutions that put them on a path to live their best lives!
Our interns come from varying academic backgrounds to build rewarding skillsets and relationships that will elevate your college experience. As you excel in your internship, you will be supported by our network of specialists, training programs and mentorship opportunities to help you build your practice.
- Representatives help clients to achieve and maintain financial security by providing financial advice and matching solutions with clients’ needs and goals.
- Build and maintain client bases, keep current client financial plans up-to-date and build a portfolio of new clients on an ongoing basis.
- Develop rapport with clients and foster long-term relationships.
- Be knowledgeable about Northwestern Mutual financial products and financial market trends.
- Provide dedicated and focused client experiences.
BY JOINING OUR TEAM, YOU'LL HAVE ACCESS TO:
- An award-winning training program to help you get started.
- Mentorship and professional development training throughout your internship.
- A culture that promotes diversity, teamwork, work/life balance, recognition and rewards.
- The opportunity to design your roadmap to leadership and specialized roles.
- Leading industry products and solutions built on an integrated technology platform.
- Financial support for professional designations and certifications, such as the CFP® certification or Series 6 & 63 licenses, which will boast your career from Financial Representative intern to Financial Advisor.
- A rewarding career, with extraordinary income potential and a variable compensation model, including recognition and bonuses, where hard work directly relates to your sales results.
WHO WE ARE
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe that everyone deserves to “spend their life living” and that a strong financial plan is the cornerstone for ensuring that reality! Financial security is not just something that happens in retirement but is what enables our clients to thrive at any stage of life.
Northwestern Mutual has been among the leaders in the financial services industry for nearly 160 years and has a proven track record of financial success.
To learn more and apply for our internship click here.
Northwestern Mutual is the marketing name for The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company (NM), Milwaukee, WI and its subsidiaries. Financial representatives are independent contractors. Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM and CFP® (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements