About BFS Advisory Group
Our mission is to help our clients to use their money to have the lives they want. We provide both investment management and financial planning advice to a diverse group of clients, primarily high-net-worth individuals and families who are executives or business owners. At BFS, we intend to be leaders in helping our clients to understand their investments and how our industry serves them to help them achieve their goals. We build our team with employees who are passionate about serving clients the way we do, focusing on their needs, and designing financial solutions to help them achieve their goals. We provide an exceptional experience to our clients, emphasizing ongoing education, fee transparency, and personalized communication.
BFS Advisory Group follows the Entrepreneurial Operating System, and each team member is accountable for achieving quarterly goals that help the firm realize our one-year plan. Each annual plan is part of our larger ten-year vision for growth.
We have been recognized in D CEO, Dallas Business Journal, Investment News, Forbes, RIA Intel, Financial Planning magazine, and other publications for our work and our philanthropy.
About the role
BFS Advisory Group is seeking to add an experienced and credentialed CFP to our team. We look to add forward-thinking people to our team, who excel in an entrepreneurial environment. This position will be focused on sophisticated goal-based wealth planning for our family of clients. The CFP will be responsible for analyzing financial plans, supporting high-net-worth clients, and developing relationships with clients who are new to our firm. The CFP needs to have a strong command of investments and security planning, estate planning, tax planning, employee benefits planning, and insurance planning. The CFP must always support the CFP Duty of Loyalty to “place the interests of the client above the interests of the CFP Professional and the CFP Professional’s firm.”
The CFP will work directly with the Wealth Advisors, the Paraplanner, and the entire BFS Advisory Group team, all of whom are dedicated to serving our clients. The ideal candidate will reinforce and advance the BFS Advisory Group brand through being a trusted advisor to clients, a strong team player, and consistently providing superior service.
- Serve as relationship manager on a diamond team, working with a lead advisor, for an existing client base of approximately 75 clients with significant financial planning needs
- Assist in onboarding new clients by guiding them through operational details to implement recommendations and to educate them about how we serve them
- Conduct in-depth analysis in all areas of financial planning and communicate recommended strategies to clients
- Support lead advisors with client meeting preparation (including meeting agendas and client portfolio presentations) and meeting follow up activities (such as processing client meeting notes, updating data in various systems, scheduling future actions)
- Serve as primary source of communication with clients for day-to-day requests, client portals, and plan or portfolio updates
- Monitor progress towards client goals and objectives
- Build and continue strong relationships to retain existing clients
- Maintain updated knowledge of regulations, tax laws and financial programs
- Bachelor’s degree
- CFP license
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial services, preferably as a financial advisor
- Series 7, 63/65, or 66 required; Life & Health Insurance license preferred
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills and active listening skills
- High proficiency in MS Office, CRM systems, financial planning software (such as E-Money), and trading platforms, and the ability to utilize new technology with ease
- Ability to maintain professional image and project our values and culture with clients, colleagues, vendors, and other third-party contacts
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Fanatical attention to detail and excellent follow through
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills, and adept at building relationships with clients, prospective clients, team members, and external resources
- Passion to continue learning and improving
- Confident self-starter who can be successful with minimal supervision and enjoys a fast-paced environment
What We Offer
Our goal is to hire team members that are well-matched to excel in their position, and to provide them with high levels of responsibility and independence to do so. We provide resources and support so that our team members can grow in their careers and provide value to the firm and to our clients. We offer on-the-job training, mentoring, and opportunities for education outside of the firm. We value a balanced life and believe that what our employees learn and experience outside of the office enriches what they can offer to our clients and firm.
The position includes a comprehensive compensation package:
- Base salary
- Potential for performance-based pay
- 100% coverage of health insurance premium
- 401(k) match
- 15 days of PTO and 10 paid holidays