AAFMAA Wealth Management & Trust LLC (AWM&T), a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Armed Forces Mutual Aid Association (AAFMAA), offers investment management, financial planning, and trust services exclusively to members of the military community. AWM&T is growing fast and needs a highly motivated and detail oriented professional to join our financial planning team as a paraplanner.
Objective: Reporting to the AWM&T Vice President of Financial Planning, the Paraplanner will work closely with the Financial Planners and Relationship Managers in a team approach to complete quality financial plans.
We Offer: An opportunity to join a smart team passionate about their mission, build a rewarding career at a rapidly growing young company, and make a positive impact on the lives of current and veteran military families.
• Competitive base salary plus bonus and comprehensive benefits.
• Work from anywhere to serve clients across the globe.
Scope & Responsibilities:
• Input data into financial planning software, construct and update financial planning analyses, and identify issues and opportunities for discussion with Financial Planners and Relationship Managers.
• Areas of emphasis include financial goals and retirement needs analysis, Social Security and Medicare planning, education planning, tax projections, charitable planning, insurance planning needs, executive compensation and stock option analysis, estate planning, and cash flow analysis.
• Research ad-hoc financial planning questions.
• In support of client meetings, work directly with team members and clients to gather all required data, prepare analyses, and follow up on delivery of analyses to clients and post-meeting coordination of investment management tasks and other tasks.
• Compile, enter, and monitor CRM workflows related to client financial planning requests.
• Communicate and work collaboratively with Financial Planners and Relationship Managers throughout the planning process to ensure that financial planning analyses are completed accurately and promptly.
• Become a subject matter expert, staying current on planning issues, communicating updates to staff, and contributing content to the company’s website.
• Assist with development and presentation of training programs for internal staff.
Education & Skills Required:
• CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM (CFP®) designation, or currently working toward completion.
• One to three years of paraplanner and/or financial planning experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business administration or related field.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, client relationship management (CRM) software, eMoney, and other financial planning, Social Security analysis, and tax projection software.
• Solid understanding of personal financial planning and income tax issues.
• Professional, personable, tactful, efficient, and self-motivated.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and sense of teamwork valued.
• Service-minded with an ability to multi-task with accuracy meticulous adherence to details.
• Entrepreneurial-minded approach to business; small or midsize company experience preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.