We are seeking a candidate with previous financial planning experience to join our team as a Senior Financial Planning Associate. This position will be responsible for providing support for a broad range of financial planning services from general consultation to comprehensive financial planning. The candidate will be expected to travel to branch office locations throughout Virginia and North Carolina to provide in-person planning support to financial advisors and meet with clients to present financial plans and seminars.
- Researching questions from financial advisors and clients relating to education funding, estate and retirement planning, insurance, investment and tax issues
- Participating in client meetings and seminars
- Training colleagues on MoneyGuidePro and other planning tools
- Collaborating with other internal departments as needed
- Creating and updating financial planning related materials used by financial advisors in their daily practice: questionnaires, marketing guides, brochures, letters, etc.
- Creating internal messages that provide financial advisors with marketing ideas, education, and legislative updates
- College degree or relevant industry experience
- CFP® designation and prior financial planning experience
- Experience with MoneyGuidePro or similar planning software
- Professional and service-oriented demeanor
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks within a stated deadline
- Ability to take direction and complete assignments with little supervision
- Proficient with Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Desire to work in a team environment and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing work environment
SALARY & BENEFITS:
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit program, including safe harbor 401(k) contribution, profit sharing plan, disability and life insurance, high deductible health plan with an HSA, an on-site Health Center, Paid Time Off and elective dental benefits. We offer wellness programs and support a friendly and collegial culture, with company sponsored volunteer opportunities during business hours.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Davenport & Company LLC provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.