John G. Ullman & Associates, Inc. is seeking experienced Certified Financial Planners® to join our Firm. These are essential positions in our company, and will play a significant role in the company’s strategic plans to grow and expand the business.
The Certified Financial Planners® will combine a passion for exceptional client service, the ability to counsel clients on all aspects of financial planning and wealth management, and their abilities to complete “special projects” catered to meet the unique needs of our clients. In addition, our Certified Financial Planners® are expected to strategically and proactively engage in the firm’s business development activities.
Certified Financial Planners® will:
- Serve as the Financial Manager and Advisor for our high net-worth clients; developing highly trusted and long-term relationships.
- Administer the firm’s comprehensive financial management services on an ongoing basis.
- Provide customized analysis to include cash flow analysis, statements of financial condition and insurance evaluations; retirement analysis and survivorship analysis; and review of estate structure and associated documents including wills, living trusts, powers of attorney, and health care proxies.
- Prepare and review personal income tax returns; develop tax planning strategies.
- Consult and assist with other areas, such as employee benefits, stock option exercise, real estate, career/business planning, financial negotiations, medical and custodial care planning, education financing, annual gifting, mortgage/insurance shopping, change of life circumstances, and other special needs.
- Develop financial plans and implementation strategies to support the financial goals and objectives of the client.
- Counsel and advise clients regarding their financial goals and objectives, portfolio structure, and the performance of their investments.
- Strategically and proactively engage in the firm’s business development activities; to include creating a business development plan, identifying and documenting prospective clients, implementing relationship management steps designed to nurture and cultivate prospective clients, conducting in-depth meetings with prospective clients to promote the value proposition of the firm with the goal of securing them as new clients.
- Must be a designated Certified Financial Planner®
- Excellent academic record; four-year college degree required; graduate or advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of working as a Certified Financial Planner®
- Must have experience working directly with clients as the primary financial advisor.
- Must have experience in business development, willing to dedicate time to strategically and proactively engage in the firm’s business development activities and be able to develop and grow a book of business.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven track record as a self-starter, with high levels of intensity and motivation
- Demonstrated passion for providing exceptional client service
- Must be detail oriented and have experience maintaining records in a CRM system.
Perks & Benefits:
- Ability to have long-lasting and visible impact on clients’ lives
- Opportunity to be a part of the firm as we grow and expand to meet the current and future needs of our clients.
- Work for an organization that is strongly committed to ethics and values, offers a warm and welcoming environment, is flexible, and is supportive of training, development, and continuing education.
- Work with a group of talented and very experienced CFP designated Account Executives, with strong professional networks.
- Comprehensive dental and health care benefits, life insurance, 401K, SEP-IRA, Company Holidays, Floating Holidays, Vacation Time and Sick Time.
- Access to all JGUA portfolio management, financial planning, and income tax services for you and your family
- Regular company outings
- Community Involvement
We are looking for Certified Financial Planners® to work in our headquarters which is located in Big Flats, NY. We also have opportunities to work in our Rhinebeck, NY Office. To support our plans to expand the business, we may also consider candidates who can work remotely, if they are not able to relocate to one of our office locations.
John G. Ullman & Associates is a wealth management firm committed to bringing human connection, attention to detail and trust to every aspect of financial planning. For over 40 years, we have helped clients plan for a lifetime of financial security, creating highly customized financial plans to manage, grow, and protect our client’s wealth. Our team has grown to include a diverse group of expert financial planners, tax professionals, investment researchers, legal professionals and support staff in three separate New York State Locations; including our headquarters located in Big Flats, NY; and branch offices located in Corning, NY and Rhinebeck, NY.
If you are interested in applying please e-mail a letter of interest and resume to the Human Resources Department at HR@jgua.com . Please indicate you are applying for the Certified Financial Planner® position and use reference code CFP-Advisor.