Parsec’s mission is to help guide clients to financial security. The Financial Planning Strategist is a senior member of the Financial Planning department who works directly with advisors to assist with the wealth management and financial planning needs of clients. This position is responsible for researching financial planning topics and presenting findings to advisors and clients, in addition to data collection, analysis, formulating recommendations, and monitoring and updating financial plans. May assist with plan presentation and delivering recommendations at the advisors request.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Financial Planning Strategist can expect to focus on the following:
- Provide support to Advisors in all areas of financial planning. Serves are department subject matter expert in designated niche(s).
- Ensures that the financial planning process is followed and documented in accordance with CFP Board’s Practice Standards.
- Work directly with the advisor to manage the financial planning process, and planning lifecycle, across client base
- Ensures thoroughness and accuracy of all financial plans.
- Interact with clients and prospects to gather data, draft financial plans and/or updates, conduct initial analysis and formulate recommendations using the firm’s planning software or other tools.
- Attend majority of client meetings, take notes, present recommendations at the advisors request, and manage/coordinate meeting follow up with advisor
- May be asked to kick off scheduling and data collection process for update meetings
- Prepare materials for client meetings; work with other team members have accurate, thorough materials for client meetings
- Initiate and field client calls on various planning items, miscellaneous requests and financial advice on various topics.
- Perform special request analyses for clients (e.g. mortgage analysis, Social Security analysis) and conducts niche specific analysis for department.
- Liaise with clients’ attorneys and accountants as needed to gather data and formulate recommendations.
- Assist with special projects as required
The Financial Planning Strategist position typically requires the following qualifications:
- College graduate (4-year degree or equivalent). Prefer Accounting, Finance, Law, or Economics degree.
- Licenses and credentials: CFP required. We would also consider a CFP candidate who has passed the exam but doesn't yet have the work experience to use the credential.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in investment management and/or financial advisory services with demonstrated knowledge of financial planning topics and ability to work well with clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with various financial planning, CRM, and portfolio management software.
- Demonstrated ability to give high quality of service to advisors and clients – including timely responses and availability to clients.
- Collaborative and able to work effectively with others.
- Demonstrates a commitment to accuracy by delivering high quality, error free work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Job-Specific Core Competencies
- Possesses a passion to engage with new and existing clients.
- Demonstrates professionalism in client interactions.
- Speaks and writes in a clear, professional, and discernable manner.
- Regularly exhibits high service standards that ensure client satisfaction and advocacy.
- Continuously exhibits personal integrity and professional initiative.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask.
- Must be able to prioritize workflow, and balance needs of multiple team members at once.
Firm-Wide Core Competencies
- Recognizes what tasks are most critical and gives those tasks more time, attention, and energy.
- Is honest, open and transparent.
- Demonstrates a commitment to accuracy by delivering high quality, error-free work.
- Maintains knowledge in given area of expertise.
- Demonstrates ability to work successfully in an entrepreneurial, small company environment.
- Highly adaptable to change and open to new ideas.
- Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a part of the team and organization.
To be considered for employment all applicants must send in a résumé, as well as a cover letter that details salary requirements and why he/she is qualified. Before being hired, a candidate will be asked to submit to a criminal and credit background check.
How to apply:
Applicants should send a cover letter and résumé to Director of Resources, Parsec Financial, PO Box 2324, Asheville, NC 28802 or email to email@example.com. Résumés without cover letters will not be read. No calls.