The Firm: Brownson, Rehmus & Foxworth, Inc. provides independent, comprehensive financial counseling and investment advice to wealthy families and individuals. Founded in 1969, the firm has over 50 professionals in Chicago, New York, and Atlanta and manages over $5 billion in assets. We serve as the primary financial advisor for over four hundred ultra-high net worth clients and their families.
The Position: We are looking for a financial/data management analyst to join our Chicago Team. The position responsibilities include:
- responding to data and performance reporting requests;
- collecting, inputting, and maintaining data on client investments in alternative assets using Excel and portfolio reporting software;
- assisting clients with custodian account requests;
- assisting team with implementing and executing trade orders on behalf of clients;
- assisting in preparing and submitting alternative asset subscription documents;
- participating in the review and monitoring of clients’ financial data with detail and accuracy; and,
- delivering data analysis from various financial industry software, including custodial platforms, CRM (client resource management) software, and portfolio management software.
The scope of this role provides broad exposure to investments and client services. Attention to detail and a high-level of customer service are essential for this position. We serve as the “chief financial officer” for our clients thereby responding to a wide range of client financial needs. Client contact will be modest, focusing more on information gathering by telephone and email while only occasionally attending client presentations held in Chicago. A strong desire to attain a Certified Financial Planner® (CFP) designation within 2-4 years is preferred.
Qualifying Skills: The successful candidate should have the following skills:
- Intellectual Curiosity and Problem Solving: Strong analytical skills, interest, and aptitude. A solid analytical background combined with excellent computer and software skills (esp. Excel) are important. An ability to use analysis to develop alternatives that result in a recommendation is critical, demonstrating consistent logic, rationality, and objectivity.
- Attention to detail and quality work product are required. An ability to execute best practices and generate new approaches to problem solving to produce sensible, realistic, and practical work product.
- Technical Skills/Financial: A basic understanding of finance, accounting and economics is helpful. The ability to learn and grasp basic financial instruments (stocks, bonds, etc.) is a strong plus.
- Communication: Strong written and oral communication skills are important. This is particularly necessary when interacting with clients. Proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint are required.
- Professional: Our work takes place in teams and with sophisticated high net worth clients. The ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure and within deadlines is expected. A high degree of confidentiality is required.
- Teamwork: We work in teams both on client assignments and on firm wide projects. The ability to demonstrate strong “team” skills and successful relations with clients and colleagues is required.
- Education: BA or BS required. An accounting, business administration, finance or economics major is a plus. A strong knowledge of Microsoft Office/Excel is important.
8. Work Experience: 1–2 years prior work experience in a related financial services role is preferred. However, recently graduated college students will be considered as well.
- Innovation; creativity
- Ethical, sound moral character (integrity)
- Professional demeanor
- Listening skills
- Strong communication skills
- Client focus
- Detail oriented
- Enjoy being challenged by complex situations.
- Comfortable with analytical concepts and data
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Benefits: Profit sharing, 401(k), employee medical, etc.
Contact: Interested candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.