The Business Development and Field Training organization within Wealth Management focuses on the strategy and day-to-day management of Business Development, Product Distribution, and Field Engagement to assist Financial Advisors in better serving client needs. BD&FT is comprised of Sales Managers, Product Specialists, Internal Product Sales Desks, and a Home Office team committed to supporting the growth and overall success of Morgan Stanley Financial Advisors.
The Virtual Engagement Associate Program (VEA) was recently launched to supporting experienced Financial Advisors with executing aspects of their individual business development strategies. By leveraging Morgan Stanley’s state-of-the-art tools, VEAs help Financial Advisors increase client engagement by managing their digital presence via Social Media and business Websites, as well as by creating consistent client-specific communication based on Morgan Stanley’s unique Next Best Action tool.
The Morgan Stanley VEA Desk Manager role is a unique opportunity to lead, coach and develop a team of 10-20 VEAs. The Manager will ensure their entire team is performing at a high level while adhering to firm & program standards of excellence.
- Use the Firm’s digital tools on behalf of Financial Advisors to enhance client relationships and generate increased business
- Drive best practices for their team towards adoption of the Modern Wealth Management tools with Financial Advisors
- Conduct weekly team meetings to pass along best practices and share ideas
- Ensure the team is meeting all minimum requirements defined by the VEA standards of excellence; these include, but are not limited to, client engagement metrics, logging activity and subscription rates
- Coach and develop team members to improve their performance across all metrics
- As needed, create performance improvement plans for underperforming VEAs
- Conduct Financial Advisor calls when needed
- Help create and maintain presentations and reports to update all levels of management on Program status and strategy
- Stay organized, focused, and highly disciplined Establish, maintain and support strong working relationships with their Financial Advisors
- Demonstrate accountability and a strong work ethic to promote confidence and trust in their work
- Facilitate communication as a field leadership liaison hosting calls with Complexes/Regions
- Effectively conveys the VEA value proposition to field leadership and FAs
- Support the VEA Recruiter in the Campus Recruiting process by presenting the VEA role at career fairs, conduct candidate interviews and assisting with various recruiting efforts
- Assist with VEA projects as needed often acting as subject matter experts
- Focus on quality management and increase growth by managing Financial Advisor drop/resubscription rates
- Assist with updating the training manual