Are you a successful financial professional looking for a new opportunity to apply your skills in a highly supportive environment? We are an independent wealth planning and investment management firm in Columbus, OH. Successful individuals, families, pre-retirees, and retirees turn to us for help in establishing and maintaining their long-term financial goals. People experience financial transitions throughout their lives. Whether it’s losing a spouse, preparing for retirement or starting a family, we are there for our clients. We go through a comprehensive process for managing our clients’ financial lives and creating a long-term plan customized to their needs.
We are looking for a successful financial advisor to work with our existing clients and new prospects. You will not be required to build your own book of business but you must be able to provide clients with the appropriate recommendations to help them achieve their financial goals. You must be passionately committed to helping others and excel at delivering outstanding client service.
Our office is located in Columbus, OH and provides a comfortable, professional work environment. The office culture is friendly, highly professional and relaxed, without sacrificing the quality of our results. This position plays a key role in the success of our firm where we work cohesively as a team toward the same goal of providing outstanding service to our clients while helping them achieve the financial results they desire.
As a financial advisor with our firm, your responsibilities will include:
- Provide ongoing service to 60-100 existing clients to deepen and extend the relationship.
- Establish and maintain relationships with prospects who are referred to the firm.
- Input updated values into appropriate planning software; create personal financial statements.
- Periodically review client holdings, review asset allocation, research products owned by client, and determine if rebalancing is suitable.
- Rebalance client portfolios based on advisor’s criteria and using appropriate tools.
- Assist advisors with asset allocation decisions, portfolio construction, and rebalancing strategies based on client risk/reward objectives.
- Recommend to the advisors the plans and products to help clients achieve goals; identify appropriate investment and insurance solutions.
- BA or BS from accredited university; advanced degree/designation a plus (e.g., MBA, CFP®, CPA, etc.)
- Prior enrollment or willingness to enroll in CFP® certification program
- Insurance certifications (e.g., ChFC), as appropriate
- FINRA Series 7, 63, and 65 registrations or FINRA Series 7 and 66 registrations
- Minimum of three years of experience in the investment/insurance industry, experience in an advisory role required; experience with National Financial Services a plus
- Excellent knowledge and communication of financial planning concepts and terminology. Experience working with eMoney Advisor™ or similar financial planning software a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of and ability to explain products, such as mutual funds, stocks, bonds, insurance, and annuities.
- Proficiency with computer programs, including MS Office (particularly Excel), eMoney Advisor ™, and CRM systems.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) skills and the ability to establish a rapport with clients, prospects, and team members.
- Highly professional, the willingness to always put the clients’ needs first and a commitment to conducting business in an honest and ethical manner
If you are interested in this position, please e-mail your resume and cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position. No phone calls please.