The Financial Planning Sr. Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
The CPWM Wealth Planning Specialist will report to the SVP, Head of Wealth Planning and will work under the Wealth Planning & Insurance Distribution organization. This position will provide holistic financial planning support to Advisors, Relationship Managers and their clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with FAs to grow their existing clients’ share of wallet and win a greater percentage of their high net worth prospects by focusing on delivering quality financial plans that meet individual client’s needs.
- Responds to FA planning questions by telephone and email, and personal visits.
- Makes outbound calls to FAs to discuss planning opportunities, especially:
- Encouraging them to incorporate planning in their businesses
- Assist them in running financial plans, and
- Providing support and specialist referrals to help implement financial plans with product solutions.
- Educate FAs on financial planning concepts and prepare customized plans for high net worth clients.
- When appropriate, deliver plans to advisors and their clients via screen sharing, conference calls, and in person meetings.
- Act as a subject matter expert in these planning areas and be available to answer calls and e-mails for general planning questions.
- Work extensively with NaviPlan, Money Guide Pro and Numbercruncher financial planning software to develop plans.
- Collaborate with CPWM Insurance Specialists, Annuity Desk Specialists and Investment Specialists to offer comprehensive advice and wealth solutions to our clients.
- Manage requests from FAs across the territory and actively monitor the queue of outstanding financial plans and planning meetings.
- Responsible for driving financial planning volume in the territory to find opportunities to increase revenue, assist with discovering outside assets and developing solutions that include products and services at Citi.
- 5 + years of financial planning and/or estate planning experience required
- CFP, CPA or JD/LL.M. designations preferred
- Familiarity with NaviPlan or MoneyGuide Pro planning software preferred
- Broad understanding of financial services, investments, and all aspects of planning strategies and concepts
- Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Client-centric skills including excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build field relationships through outreach emails, telephone calls and branch visits.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt easily to a constantly changing environment, juggle multiple tasks and prioritize work to maintain efficiency
- Service oriented with strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to multitask and manage competing appointments on calendar
- Must be able to communicate technical or complex concepts understandably
- Able to work autonomously and operate cohesively in a team environment
- FINRA Series 7, 63/65 or 66
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Limited travel (approx.. 50%) within assigned region