We are seeking a Financial Planning Intern for our firm in Voorhees, NJ. We are interested in you if you're a junior or senior majoring in Finance or Personal Financial Planning, who desires a small firm environment; wants to be involved in all aspects of the business, learning and shaping the way we care for our clients; and is excited to learn about the various functions of Financial Planning.
This is an internship that will directly support the firm's lead financial planner in managing existing and new client relationships. You will be expected to assist in various projects including financial plan and portfolio reviews. Thorough computer skills are essential. General knowledge of the financial planning process, portfolio allocation, and investment management is expected. You will be directly mentored on specific tasks and procedures, but will be expected to display an aptitude for self-directed productivity.
- Assist and learn the financial planning process
- Assist in administrative and operational duties
- Learning and using performance reporting software
- Lean to use financial planning tools such as: risk tolerance software, portfolio management tools, tax analysis software, trading software, CRM, and financial planning tools
- Learning and Practicing client service
- Attend client meetings
- Shadow advisors in daily tasks
- Attend CFP® education courses to expand knowledge of financial services industry
Skills: multitasking, quick ability to learn, adaptability in work situations
Personal qualities: positive attitude, unafraid of challenging tasks, goal & research oriented, willingness to learn, eager to improve