Brooklyn Plans (BKP) is an organization dedicated to helping today's women gain clarity and balance with their finances through financial planning and investment management. We are a planning first organization, meaning all of our clients engage with us for our holistic financial planning service. The company has been featured in Forbes, Business Insider, The Wall Street Journal and more as a pioneer in reaching millennial women with practical financial solutions. We have a book of 75 regular clients and manage over $11M of assets. We are growing rapidly and looking to add another lead planner to our team.
BKP is seeking a Lead Planner to join our growing team!
As a Lead Planner, you will work with clients on topics such as cash flow, debt management, savings towards client goals, investing and taxes. You will take a leading role in the development of monthly reports that evaluate clients’ current and future financial situations to help them to achieve their stated financial goals and objectives, as well as meet them on a regular schedule.
You may also offer our services to develop an asset allocation strategy, provide information on investment vehicles and strategies, and communicate the value of fiduciary investment management in addition to financial planning.
This would be a great fit for someone who loves working with clients, will appreciate an existing financial planning methodology, tools and structure and is excited to be a part of a growing team with opportunities for career advancement. You will work closely with both the founder and a Lead Planner to train on BKP’s successful methodology to have a big impact on millennial women’s finances and lives. There will be opportunities to participate in professional growth, earn CE credits and expand your knowledge of personal financial planning and investing.
BKP is committed to helping our Lead Planners build their books. We have potential clients booking consultations daily.
We are excited for a new Lead Planner to join our team, and help us grow our successful financial planning practice for today’s women.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Understand and communicate the BKP philosophy on finance and money matters to clients
- Conduct financial advisory sessions through one-on-one or couple sessions
- Figure out client’s best communication and feedback style and adjust for maximum client benefit and results
- Competently get answers and assessments for clients’ current financial situations through tapping the appropriate avenues for review of their tax returns, accounts, credit reports, etc.
- Produce, review and communicate detailed financial plans and reports for clients, in accordance with the BKP philosophy and approach
- Take ownership of communication with your clients, ensuring that all clients receive timely responses to questions and proactively reach out to clients who may need additional support with their tasks
- Provide a clear framework and expectations for clients to support clients with organizing their time and their finances
- Communicate the value, benefit and service offering of our financial planning services to prospects during consultations
- Participate in BKP strategy discussions, providing input into new systems and processes as well as ongoing training and team meetings
Qualifications & Competencies
- Provide support, enthusiasm, and empathy to clients as they face their fears (and their finances!)
- Confidence and competence in relaying the values and benefits of financial planning to prospects
- Share our mission to close the gender wealth divide through an educational and personal approach to financial planning for millennial women
- Possess the content knowledge required to give clients high-quality and timely financial education
- Have a balance between an independent work style, able to troubleshoot independently and problem solve efficiently, yet able to collaborate and communicate effectively with the team
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Be able to remain calm and professional under tight deadlines or periods of increased client activity
- Possess familiarity with (or demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly and thoroughly) a CRM system, financial planning software, cloud based document storage systems and spreadsheets
- At least one of the following designations is required: CFP, CPA or CFA certification, Series 63, Series 65, or Series 66 and Series 7
- Position will be remote
Compensation & Career Pathing:
At BKP we are interested in Lead Planners at all stages of their career. We believe that it is important for all Lead Planners to understand the behind-the-scenes processes that go into supporting their clients. We also know that building a client book can take time. While Lead Planners are courting their first 15 clients, we ask that they spend part of their time learning our business operations and supporting our other planners as paraplanners as a part of their job responsibilites. As the Lead Planner’s book grows, the paraplanning activities will be transitioned away so that they can focus 100% on building and servicing their books of clients.
This position is a W-2 full-time remote role. We will provide a base salary, which will increase on a schedule as your book of clients grows. In addition, we also provide a revenue sharing plan, discretionary bonuses, health benefits, a 401(k), and one month of vacation time annually.
Please email your resume and a personalized cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Lead Planner Application" and include the date you are available to start since we aim to finalize this hire and begin training before the end of 2021.
Brooklyn Plans is an equal opportunity employer. We serve a diverse clientele and we extend a warm welcome to all applicants who believe in our mission of closing the gender wealth gap through relationships and expertise, not algorithms. Candidates of color or from other underrepresented groups in the financial industry are strongly encouraged to apply.