Team Hewins is an independent, fee-only investment advisory firm with $2.7 billion in assets under management and advisement. Led by CEO Roger Hewins and a team of eight Principals, Team Hewins offers clients proactive financial leadership, providing personalized financial planning and investment services. Team Hewins is focused on easing financial stress for busy clients with forward-looking ideas and financial advice that empowers clients to make well-considered decisions. Whether they’re preparing for life after retirement or another life transition, our clients look to us to provide financial leadership, allowing them to move forward with confidence in their financial lives.
As an Associate Financial Advisor, you will be an integral part of the team delivering the personalized service that is our hallmark. The career path for this role graduates to becoming a primary advisor on client relationships, with the opportunity to learn how to meet and engage with prospective clients. You will work both remotely and in our Redwood City office once it reopens. You will work with your team providing the following services:
- Deliver exceptional service to our clients
- Manage the workflow of the team; Schedule and prepare for client and prospect meetings; Attend meetings and coordinate follow-up
- Coordinate with our Client Service Team on account paperwork and custodian-related service activities, as well as client deliverables including Investment Policy Statements and Agreements
- Input client data into our financial planning program and produce reports and analysis
- Perform regular review of client accounts, reports and invoices to ensure accuracy and appropriate follow-up
- Ensure all client activity is properly documented and compliance-related items are up to date and delivered
Are You the Right Fit?
- You are passionate about helping people and are dedicated to exceeding client expectations
- You have strong organizational and rigorous follow-up skills to ensure all client needs are being met
- Attention to detail is second nature to you—it’s all about getting things right
- You love being part of a team and actively engage with other team members to bring our best to clients
- You are a proactive self-starter and do not hesitate to ask questions to get the job done
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills and are proficient with standard office software
- You have a bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance (preferably) and at least 1-2 years of experience in financial planning, wealth management or related industry
- You have a major or minor in a CFP Board-accredited Personal Financial Planning Program and/or a CPA designation is a major plus, as is a Series 65 designation
- You expect to earn your CFP designation within two to three years.
What Do We Offer?
This position offers the right person the opportunity to join an entrepreneurial firm committed to the personal and professional growth of team members and to maintaining a positive, encouraging working environment where people enjoy and thrive working together. At Team Hewins, you’ll participate in a comprehensive benefits and perks package, which includes:
- Hybrid work arrangement, ability to work both remotely and in our Redwood City office
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match
- Competitive health insurance options, with a generous employer contribution
- Employee engagement platform for recognition and rewards
- Health & wellness program
- Monthly staff lunches and healthy snacks
- 4:00 office closure on Fridays
- Beautiful office with an on-site gym and more
Qualified candidates should apply at https://teamhewins.applytojob.com/apply.