West Financial Services Relationship Manager
At West Financial Services, we have spent over 30 years building a firm dedicated to taking a conservative and ethical approach to growing and protecting our clients’ wealth and prosperity. Since our inception in 1982, we have provided financial services on a fee-only basis, acting as a fiduciary for our clients. Each member of our team fully embraces the importance of this role and what it means for our clients. We bring planning excellence, investment discipline and personal service to everything we do. We are seeking competent, motivated employees who share our commitment to being remarkable. To attract and retain these quality individuals, we provide a market driven salary administration program and a comprehensive benefits package. We take pride in offering a broad benefits program to its most valuable asset….our staff.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting for a Relationship Manager at West Financial Services. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for managing a team of professionals that provide client guidance on investment policy, portfolio allocation, security selection and implementation, and all financial planning issues such as goal identification, cash flow and wealth transfer strategies, charitable efforts, real estate activities, and legacy matters. The Relationship Manager manages, maintains, and deepens relationships with the team’s clients to achieve consistent client service, develops new business, and promotes growth and profitability of the firm. The Relationship Manager role requires strong financial planning, analytical, and business development skills.
Areas of focus:
- Relationship Management:
As the primary point of contact, the RM is responsible for ongoing client communication and investment reviews. Supervises implementation of the investment strategy as outlined in the Investment Policy Guidelines and provides financial planning advice on an ongoing basis.
- Business Development:
Cultivates and maintains relationships with numerous sources of new business, including company officials, attorneys, accountants, and other centers of influence. Meets with prospects to explain company services. Prepares and delivers proposals to prospective clients. Maintains prospect tracking system and participates and supports development of the WFS marketing program.
- Investment Policy and Market Research:
Assists in the development of company short and long-term investment policies and strategies based on management investment philosophy and client investment objectives.
Keeps informed of developments in the security markets. Participates in Investment Committee meetings and decisions as well as contributes to Daily Strategy meetings.
- Leadership and Mentoring:
Provides routine coaching, training and assistance to staff to develop knowledge, skills and abilities to maximize performance and potential. Assists in performance reviews and with SEC compliance reporting requirements, as directed.
- Position requires excellent analytical ability and problem solving skills, good judgement, and personal integrity.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in finance or related field, a CFP®,CFA, CPA, or JD designation and a thorough knowledge of stocks, mutual funds, U.S. Treasuries, agencies and municipal bonds is desired.
- A minimum of five years work related experience is required, including experience in financial planning principles, equity and fixed income investments.
- Requires extensive internal and external contacts at all levels involving a high degree of diplomacy, tact, judgment, timing and persuasion. Self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Professional and articulate with strong attention to detail. Ability to communicate complex information from diverse sources in an organized manner. Ability to write statements of broad policy. Ability to make effective presentations of proposals and recommendations before internal and external audiences at all levels.
- High level problem-solving skills are required; problems are technically complex and require the collection, interpretation, and analysis of data from diverse sources.
- Proficient computer skills including the Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and other platforms.
Sandy Spring Bank requires COVID-19 vaccination(s) as a condition of employment for all employees. Submission of Covid-19 Vaccination Card is required if hired. Accommodations may be available for those who are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
West Financial Services, a subsidiary of Sandy Spring Bank, is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Sandy Spring Bank, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.