Help take fpPathfinder to the next level. We're looking for someone to develop checklists and flowcharts to help advisors have more diligent conversations with their clients about financial planning topics. This position is great for someone that enjoys doing research and distilling lots of planning decisions and issues for others. Bonus points if Checklist Manifesto is one of your favorite books!
Financial Planning Guide Manager Job Description
- Create 1-2 guides (checklists or flowcharts) per month in coordination with the Guide Creation Team.
- Review, respond and incorporate member feedback into the guides as needed
- Prioritize which guides need to be created, reviewed, and updated due to changes in laws. Coordinated with other members of the team.
- Support Director of Guides in updating the existing guides.
- Create and manage citation support documents for each guide.
- Assist Director of Guides in the management of Guide Production Calendar.
- Write intro copy for each guide, newsletter/blog post announcing new resources.
- Manage the changes to the guides and ensure that feedback/input is gathered, considered, and incorporated into the final/updated versions of the guides.
- Support operations and marketing as needed (address inquiries, feedback, etc.)
- The ideal candidate would have some of (or, even better, all of) the following traits:
- Self-motivated enough to work in a virtual environment with limited supervision
- Have an extremely strong inclination for continuous learning
- An immaculate attention to detail and strong follow-through
- Think and articulate concepts in a visual format (flowcharts)
- Be able to think logically through topics and document them succinctly (checklists)
- Completion of CFP education or equivalent required, with a strong preference for also having a relevant Master’s degree, CPA license, and/or other advanced designations.
- Direct planning experience with clients is a positive, but not required.
Compensation / Benefits
- $70,000 - $90,000 salary based on experience
- Bonus available if company goals are met
- $2,000 budget for additional professional education or other training/skills education
- $1,000 budget for technology hardware/software or related office materials
- $2,000 conference budget
- 17 days of paid time off for combined vacation + sick, plus 6 national holidays