Title: Financial Planner
Reports to: Principals
Benefits: 401(k), Profit Sharing, Health Care, Dental, Vision, Disability
Status: Full Time
Morton Brown Family Wealth serves high-net-worth individuals and families in the Lehigh Valley and around the United States. Our clients include small business owners and professionals who recognize that growing, achieving and maintaining wealth is a guided and ongoing process. Our expertise is particularly valuable to those who wish to be intentional with their wealth, directing it towards a thoughtful purpose on behalf of their family, their community or the world. The firm’s advisors provide clients with the highest level of service, providing: financial planning, portfolio management, retirement planning, estate planning, cashflow management, and risk management.
The firm is seeking a Financial Planner to assist in the comprehensive planning and service needs of a growing advisory practice. The Financial Planner will serve in a support role for financial plan development, research, and client service. The Planner will help prepare for and may participate in client meetings.
The firm seeks a candidate with a desire for growth as a planning professional as well as an entrepreneurial spirit.
Morton Brown is an SEC Registered Investment Advisor and Fiduciary.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Financial Planner can expect to focus in the following areas:
- Gather, organize and synthesize client data within a financial planning context
- Prepare client financial plans and presentations for review by supervisors
- Prepare financial scenarios
- Attend client meetings in a technical, supporting role
- Participate in plan implementation
- Conduct financial planning related research
- Support insurance application and underwriting process
The Financial Planner position typically requires the following qualifications:
- CFP® (Preferred) or PFQP®
- Solid academic track record
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Insurance Licensed (Preferred)
- Minimum 5 years industry experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Financial Technology, eMoney Advisor (Preferred)
- Detail-oriented, accurate, organized, able to set priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, takes initiative
- Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment
Salary and Benefits
Pay/benefits are competitive based on industry standards.
- Salary will be based on experience
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Life and disability insurance
- Benefits include 401(k), profit sharing, dental, vision, health care
- Partial and/or full financial support for professional accreditation/continuing education requirements and other education/training opportunities
About Morton Brown Family Wealth
Morton Brown Family Wealth lives and breathes its vision to create a community of clients and professionals leading purposeful lives through the stewardship of wealth. As a fiduciary, the firm is committed to acting as a trusted advisor to clients, prioritizing a collaborative approach to financial well-being, helping clients attain their life goals. Morton Brown seeks team members who are like-minded in this approach and who explore understanding through time, focus, and discipline. The firm also seeks diversity in thought, knowledge, and background, embracing creative and innovative solutions. To enable efficiency, the firm provides the technology, tools, and training necessary to provide the best client service possible. Team members are encouraged to seek out continuing education opportunities and are provided generous benefits with the goal of helping them become the best version of themselves. The firm also is committed to serving as a leader in our community and motivates team members to do the same. Located in the heart of the Lehigh Valley region, Morton Brown Family Wealth offers a first-class working environment with restaurants, eateries, retail shops, and a dynamic arts and entertainment scene all within walking distance.
Morton Brown Family Wealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer