Gibson Capital, LLC, is an SEC Registered Investment Advisory firm based in Wexford, PA*. The firm was founded in 1989 and was recently recognized by Investment News and the Pittsburgh Business Times as one of the Best Places to Work in our field for 2021 (https://bestplacesforadvisers.com/15-29/gibson-capital/). We provide comprehensive fee-only investment advisory and wealth management services. We currently manage approximately $2 billion in assets for about 160 high-net-worth individuals, foundations, and retirement plans nationwide.
We are seeking an experienced candidate to join our firm as an Associate. The Associate will interface directly with clients and their related parties. However, this position does not entail primary client relationship management responsibilities. Significant client service functions include assisting in the new client onboarding process, follow-up from client meetings, financial planning analysis, retirement cash flow modeling, portfolio strategy implementation, performance reporting, and the coordination of client operational needs. S/he will also participate meaningfully in the investment research function of the firm.
This role requires highly effective communication with clients, as well as with our Advisors and our operations professionals. The Associate role provides critical foundational skills and training to candidates who aspire to the role of Advisor.
Attributes of Qualified Candidates
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance, economics, or a related field of study
- Professional designations such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Financial PlannerTM (CFP®), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or progress towards such designations
- Experience with investment management, personal income tax, or estate planning
- Demonstrated grasp of financial instruments, financial markets, and investment vehicles
- High standards for client service
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in learning
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, and the desire and ability to contribute to the team
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and problem-solving skills
- Flexible attitude and approach to work and ability to meet deadlines
- Openness to the ideas of others
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance principles
- Experience with portfolio management systems, custodial trading and client service platforms, investment research software, Client Relationship Management (CRM) software, rebalancing software, and the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and Teams
Join Our Team
Candidates should be prepared to discuss their experience and demonstrate their investment management and/or financial planning knowledge. To apply, please email a resume and cover letter outlining your salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
This position offers opportunities for professional growth and development with a competitive salary and benefits package. We currently offer our full-time employees and their dependents (without other coverage) medical insurance at 90% of the premium paid by the firm. Employees can elect to purchase vision and dental coverage under Gibson Capital, LLC’s plan at the employee’s expense. Other benefits include: Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance including an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), a flexible Paid-Time-Off policy, paid sick time, the opportunity for performance and discretionary bonuses/raises, and participation in the Gibson Capital, LLC 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan.
Gibson Capital, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing all employees with a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. Employment decisions at Gibson Capital are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, family status, sex, or sexual orientation.