Are you hungry for more than just a career move? Wondering if it’s possible for work-life to be an extension of your own personal and professional passion? Our unique and inclusive culture enables you to discover your potential and pursue your definition of a richer life.
Brighton Jones, one of the country’s fastest-growing wealth management firms, is looking for a talented Lead Advisor to join our OpenPlan team and provide an immediate impact for our clients.
OpenPlan is an advisory service created by Brighton Jones to serve young professionals who are likely to benefit from the holistic wealth management services offered by Brighton Jones at a later stage in life. OpenPlan does not require portfolio minimums or other barriers to engage with an advisor. We treat our clients like real people, not formulas. Our advisors take the time to understand the unique goals and challenges of each client and work with them to create and regularly update their Foundational Plan.
In this critical role, you have the primary responsibility for client relationships and will work closely with each client to establish their comprehensive plan and strategy. The ideal candidate is passionate about helping others, thrives in a fast-paced environment, loves to learn and be challenged, and is willing to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to ensure clients have a remarkable experience.
- Work directly with clients to help them design, implement and manage the financial plan that supports their “Life Plan”
- Oversee assigned clients and conduct regular dialogue via email and video conference to discuss the client’s investment objectives, goals, needs, and expectations
- Educate and consult with clients on creating an investment philosophy, understanding market/portfolio performance, and other financial matters
- Be able to communicate your understanding of global financial markets as well as current events and other topical issues and how they relate to the client’s investment strategy relative to Brighton Jones’ investment philosophy and approach
- Organize and input client data into the CRM (Salesforce) and financial planning software (eMoney); manage data accuracy and integrity and keep records current
- Generate referrals from existing clients and on your own
- Drive the sales process with prospective clients to support ongoing growth, including making referrals to the Personal CFO team for clients with increased wealth complexity
- Support the Brighton Jones mission by using objectivity, creativity, and passion to help our clients, colleagues, and community members “live richer lives”
- Provide teammates with timely, candid, and constructive performance feedback
- Assist with ad-hoc projects around client support or team support
- 4+ years of direct client advising experience
- Undergraduate degree and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) designation required
- High level of technical expertise in estate planning, tax, retirement, insurance, investment, and cash flow/capital needs planning analysis
- Familiarity and experience with executive compensation packages (including RSUs, ISOs, NSOs, ESOPs, ESPP plans, etc) and experience assisting clients with identifying planning strategies and execution methods
- Familiarity with eMoney and Salesforce CRM (or similar software programs)
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage heavy workloads and projects, many on a time-sensitive basis, efficiently and effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, Windows) required; expected to learn other position-related systems on the job
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity in personal and professional activities
- Highly motivated to learn and grow and with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment independently
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, able to interact with clients and project a professional, capable image in action and appearance
- This is a full-time/exempt status position
- This position can work remotely but will report to teams based in Scottsdale and Seattle
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and show proof of vaccination by date of hire. Brighton Jones is compliant with religious and medical exemptions and will provide reasonable accommodation if the exemption is approved
At Brighton Jones, we like to win. For us winning means continuous improvement - as individuals, as teams, and as a company. Everyone at Brighton Jones commits to developing the skills of curiosity, open-mindedness, vulnerability, empathy, and compassion in order to respond more thoughtfully to life and to create a culture of continuous improvement. Our Mindfulness-based Emotional and Social Intelligence (MESI) gives us a foundation of practices and a shared language to develop these skills. When we master these skills we not only win, we Live a Richer Life.
Our Team Personality is:
• Genuine: Our unquestioned commitment to integrity is reflected in all our personal and professional activities.
• Focused: We work together to manage heavy workloads and time-sensitive projects. We thrive in a fast-paced environment that fosters continued growth and development.
• Approachable: We enjoy interacting with each other and our clients, always projecting a professional, friendly, and capable image in everything we do.
• Invested: Our commitment to our clients and each other means that we are willing to maintain a flexible schedule to address cyclical work periods.
• Driven: We possess sound judgment, initiative, and decision-making skills. We anticipate problems, determine the appropriate level of response, and act accordingly.
Our Team Pillars are:
• Continuous Growth
Brighton Jones provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brighton Jones complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Brighton Jones expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Brighton Jones’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.