Allworth Financial, the 4th fastest growing RIA in America, is seeking an experienced financial advisor in the Bel Air, MD area to join our rapidly expanding team. Extensive training, support, and all client appointments will be provided, and absolutely no advisor marketing is required. There are no quotas and no recommendation of proprietary investment products. Our advisors do what they do best, which is to provide fiduciary investment management and holistic financial planning advice to our valued clients. Allworth is considered a great place to work and was once again given the prestigious “Circle of Excellence” award by the National Business Research Institute for client satisfaction in 2021, placing it among the best-loved brands in America. This position will require the advisor to meet with clients in our Bel Air, MD office (29 miles north-east of Baltimore. Founded in Sacramento, California, in 1993, and still run by its original founders, Scott Hanson and Pat McClain, Allworth is primarily a fee-based, employee-centric fiduciary advisory firm, that prides itself on emphasizing client well-being and education.
- Meet with future clients who are screened and scheduled by our Future Client Development Team to discuss their needs and concerns, and to assess their overall financial situation, before explaining how partnering with Allworth will help them meet their financial, investment, and retirement planning goals via our 7 Personal Decision Pointstm planning process.
- Establish formal advisory relationships with future clients who are deemed to be a good fit with the Allworth philosophy. (We focus on asset preservation and are not market timers.)
- Collaborate with Client Service Partners to establish relationships and open accounts with new clients.
- Work with clients and the Financial Planning Team / Associate Advisors to create plans for new clients.
- Periodically review plan with clients to enable Allworth to fulfill its fiduciary mission in planning and investment management.
- Communicate updates from our in-house Investment Management team to clients as needed, while answering questions regarding portfolio allocation, methodology, etc.
- Refer suitable clients to our tax planning division, or to our trusted 3rd party estate planning or insurance providers via our Integrated Solutions team.
- Update client records by dictating notes and follow-up activities in a highly customized CRM system that all team members rely on as a single source of client info.
- Occasionally fill-in to meet with clients if their assigned advisor is unavailable.
- Provide clear and honest feedback to leadership about improving the Allworth experience.
- Professional designation of Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) or Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®) is required.
- Minimum three years of client-facing wealth management or financial planning experience is required.
- BA/BS or master’s degree preferred.
- Must possess professional enthusiasm, strong communication, presentation, listening, and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with technology is required; experience with specific tools is a plus:
- MoneyGuidePro, Salesforce, Zoom or similar.
- FINRA Series 7, 63 and 65 or 66, and insurance licenses required
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Experience presenting is highly desired.
- Familiarity with a Client Relationship Management (CRM) database program a plus.