Associate Financial Advisor
Full-time salaried position
Viren and Associates, Inc. a multi-disciplined financial services firm based in Spokane, WA seeks an Associate Financial Advisor to manage and develop the retirement plans business within the firm. Specifically, the candidate would be meeting with plan trustees to guide and monitor their company’s retirement plan. The candidate would also be providing educational services to plan participants on their accounts, basic financial planning and rollover opportunities. The candidate must be able to work independently and have skills and knowledge in investment management, financial and estate planning, and insurance.
Education, licensing and experience – College graduate, credentials such as CFP©, CLU or ChFC preferred. Series 7 and 66 along with life and health license in the state of Washington required. Minimum of two years’ work experience in the financial services industry.
Principle responsibilities and duties:
- Working closely with retirement plan trustees to facilitate and manage –
- Annual Plan Review
- Coordinate and manage fiduciary and ERISA requirements for the trustee and broker dealer
- Manage and provide participant education through in-person and online experiences
- Handle trustee and participant questions and issues that may arise
- Develop marketing and promotion efforts to increase number of plans under management
- With the investment team, manage retirement plan investment options, recommendations to trustees for changes to the investments that may be appropriate and update investment models for each plan
- Identify and work closely with high account balance participants to build these relationships
- Coordinate with the investment team, rollover opportunities that may be appropriate
- Provide back-up to the other advisors for client meetings as needed
- Work with staff in a team environment to accomplish the goals of the client and the firm
- Manage various software tools in the financial and investment planning industry, i.e., Morningstar Workstation, Redtail (database), etc.
- Understand and manage internal fiduciary tools
- Maintain communication with current and prospective clients and develop relationships that will build trust and confidence in you and the firm.
Skills and Job Requirements:
- Strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, competent interpersonal skills and the highest of integrity
- Experience in working with clients
- An eagerness to learn
- Ability to demonstrate empathy for clients and their life situations
- Strong computer skills: including Microsoft tools and data base management required, Morningstar or similar financial planning programs preferred
- Ability & experience analyzing investment accounts, insurance policies and other client data with ability to present this information to clients
- Able to manage a large book of business with effective time management while under a demanding timeline
- Demonstrated skill in selling ideas and concepts to clients
- Demonstrate confidentiality and discretion with respect to all clients, staff and the firm regarding their personal information
- Candidates will be detail oriented with strong organizational and client service skills
Hours: 40 – 45 per week (Monday-Friday – Office is open 7:30-5:00pm), must be willing to travel occasionally in areas around the Northwest.
Benefits: Salaried position, pay depending on experience, with performance-based bonus potential. Medical insurance, retirement, paid vacations, sick time and holidays, life and long-term disability insurance, parking.