Do you have a passion for innovation and an intellectual curiosity that never ceases? There’s an opportunity on our growing team that we think would fulfill that passion. Edge Capital Group, LLC is currently seeking a highly motivated Financial Planning Manager to join our team. The applicant should have a keen attention to detail and demonstrated achievement, specifically in providing advanced planning solutions in the areas of investments, tax, estate, retirement, asset protection and general financial planning. Candidates with financial planning-related work history in wealth management or financial services will be preferred.
About Edge Capital
Edge Capital is a top financial advisory firm that assists individuals, families, and institutions by creating unique investment management and wealth planning solutions. Independent and employee-owned, our objective advice is tailored to suit each client. We recognize that everyone has a unique story, and that the immediate and long-term goals of each client are different.
The Edge Culture
We believe that a vibrant company culture which supports and nurtures our employees is the key to our success—and a unique and sustainable competitive advantage. Edge is committed to creating a positive culture of teamwork, leadership, mentorship, diversity, equity and inclusion and community involvement.
If you are a candidate with the skills and experience outlined below and a passion for service and teamwork, please contact us. To learn more about our firm please visit www.edgecappartners.com.
The Financial Planning Manager’s role revolves around working to assist the Director of Financial Planning in firmwide adoption of offering financial planning as an integrated solution to our clients and prospective clients.
Responsibilities in this role include:
- Serving as a general planning resource to the team for planning related questions. All team members will be expected to deliver elements of financial planning to our clients. The FPM will serve as a general planning resource to assist with questions from the team and advanced planning needs.
- Serving as the Subject Matter Expert in Emoney (our financial planning engine) and other tools that we leverage to deliver financial planning solutions. All team members will be expected to know how to use the tools for planning solution delivery. The FPM will serve as a general planning “Help Desk” or troubleshooting resource to assist with questions from the team.
- Develop How-To Guides and other Training Resources for the team. Assist with the development and training on financial planning tools and processes.
- Assist the Director of Financial Planning in maintaining and monitoring the annual service calendar. Also to continue to refine and revise for best practices.
- Work with the planning team to keep the financial planning resource library updated. Also work with the team keep the firm updated in regard to relevant planning topics.
- When needed, prepare planning solutions for clients. Providing analysis about financial options, using data to make projections, and assisting the team with financial planning presentations.
General Planning Resource for the team:
- Help to monitor and respond to general firm planning questions with help from other planning team members.
- Monitor and respond to questions regarding our eMoney software.
- Work with the planning team to keep the planning resource library updated.
- Assist with developing financial planning team training.
- Help to refine best processes for data gathering, inputs, quality control, and planning deliverables.
Program Development and Monitoring:
- Develop report template samples and other tangible deliverables.
- Review plans using quality assurance standards for planning outputs.
- Help to maintain the client service calendar.
Wealth Management Team Support:
- Serve as an overflow planner when needed.
- Assist with data gathering or Emoney build out for planning needs.
- Develop presentation reports for clients and prospects.
- Help the team by “doing” and by “teaching”.
SUCCESS AT EDGE:
- Ability to analyze complex or diverse information, use intuition and experience to respond to inquiries, exhibit sound and accurate judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Respond promptly to team needs in a professional manner.
- Must maintain client confidentiality; demonstrate integrity and code of ethics.
- Efficient time-management is a must.
- Accountable, Adaptable, and flexible
- Team oriented
- Strong work ethic with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail & ability to multi-task.
- Proactively participate in ongoing learning and development to enhance support capacity for the research team.
- Ability to work in teams and assist with due diligence efforts.
- Strong analytical and/or quantitative background
- Ability to develop an idea and defend conclusion.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University
- Bachelor’s degree in Financial Planning preferred. May also consider candidates with degrees in Economics, Finance, Business.
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional preferred. May also consider candidates that are working toward certification or have other relevant certifications.
- At least 3 years providing advanced planning solutions directly to Clients or in a support role/Financial Planner role.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Proficient knowledge of a Financial Planning Program (Emoney, Naviplan, MoneyGuide Pro)
- Advanced proficiency and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Advent Black Diamond or other performance reporting systems preferred
- Experience with CRM Tools (Salesforce) preferred