To help support our continued growth, we are seeking an Associate Financial Advisor to join our team. We are interested in you if you are an aspiring CFP®, seek to work with clients immediately as part of the existing advisory team, desire to be mentored by experienced CFP professionals, and want to grow into a client-facing Lead Advisor. Sourcing clients may become an opportunity over time but is not expected of this position or the career track. This is an engaging opportunity that requires close work with the firm's advisors and employees to provide day-to-day financial planning support to clients and prospects. It is the best first step that will put you on the path to a fulfilling and rewarding financial planning career.
Wealthway Financial Advisors is a $200 million AUM fee-only wealth management firm with 180 client relationships. We were founded in 1995 as an independent RIA and we take our fiduciary duty to heart. We are located in vibrant and diverse downtown Norfolk, VA, where one can happily live, work, and play. Our office is thirty minutes from the Atlantic Ocean in nearby Virginia Beach and twenty minutes from the Chesapeake Bay. Quality of life is high in the Hampton Roads region – named for the many waterways that surround us – where residents often feel as if they “live a vacation.”
What you will get to do:
- Work with the team to develop meeting agendas and prepare for client and prospect meetings.
- Attend various client and prospect meetings; take notes, operate software programs, and develop list of action items.
- Implement and proactively follow up on action items resulting from meetings.
- Coordinate with client's strategic alliances and manage implementation workflow.
- Work closely with Admin Staff to coordinate client account paperwork and custodian related service activities.
- Master Junxure CRM software and own any projects associated with it.
- Develop comprehensive financial plans in eMoney software, present findings and recommendations to the firm's lead Financial Advisors.
- Administer the company’s investment management process through trading and rebalancing.
- Assist with radio show topic selection and client newsletter development.
- Substantially impact our growing firm by protecting and caring for the financial lives of the clients we serve.
What you will learn:
- How to deliver expert investment management and comprehensive financial planning to appreciative clients.
- How to assess a client situation, develop recommendations, and deliver them to high net worth clientele.
- How to ask the right questions at the right time and actively listen at the appropriate time.
- How to use eMoney to deliver meaningful financial plans and PortfolioCenter to produce investment reports.
- How to use Junxure to manage organizational workflow and Morningstar to develop investment portfolios.
- How all aspects of a small for-profit business come together to serve clients.
Compensation and other benefits:
- Starting salary commensurate with experience
- Employer-subsidized health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401k and profit-sharing plan
- Participation in company bonus program after one year
- Wildly flexible Paid Time Off program
- Paid holidays
- Paid on-site parking
- CFP Exam reimbursement upon passing the exam
- Paid FPA membership
- Personal mentorship by experienced CFP professionals
- Bachelor’s degree in Financial Planning or related business coursework
- Must pass the CFP® exam within 18 months of hire date
- Ability to identify, follow through, and meet client needs
- Detail-oriented yet understands that assumptions will need to be made at various times and you must move on to meet deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter, problem solver, and goal-oriented team player with a “no job is beneath me” attitude. There are no small jobs here.
- Able to work independently and keep team aware of progress and hurdles.