POSITION POSTING ATTRIBUTES
Engaging and dynamic professional who thrives on client engagement in an environment committed to the highest level of client service. A service-oriented professional who is passionate about providing a comprehensive client experience, and who enjoys partnering with clients, like-minded professional centers of influence throughout the community, as well as internal colleague. A genuine listener and client advocate who enjoys working in a team environment to provide educated and responsive advice.
Responsible for developing new Personal Trust business and administrating existing Personal Trust client relationships. Proficient at client discussions related to financial advisory services. Services offered include: administration of trusts, investment agencies, structured charitable giving, and retirement accounts. . Integrates financial planning into client and prospect engagement, including, but not limited to, retirement planning, estate planning, asset protection, and tax-planning strategies.
- Manages more complex relationships in accordance with the terms of the nominating instrument and in a manner consistent with the needs of principals, beneficiaries, etc.
- Develops new business.
- Ensures that the wishes and instructions of principals and donors are carried out in investments and distributions.
- Resolves problems brought by principals, beneficiaries, and others such as requests for special distributions or planning and approving necessary expenditures for care and maintenance.
- Provides clients with information and assistance regarding investment management, statements of accounts, taxes and remittances.
- Represents the company at meetings of boards of directors and investment or management groups related to businesses or charitable institutions for which the trust department provides a service.
- Participates in department administration by recommending changes in procedures and policies, and reviews documents and nominates instruments to determine acceptability to the company.
- Responsible for the completion of all compliance training related to the position.
- Must understand all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the position and complies with the requirements.
- Coordinates education and referrals to non-trust areas.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum eight (8) years trust experience preferred.
- Good PC skills--proficiency in Word and Excel essential.
- Ability to be proactive, take initiative, and carefully monitor, follow through, and complete every project/responsibility.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Highly motivated.
- Professional demeanor.
- Team player.
- Uses good judgement and has a high level of integrity.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Strong relationship management skills.
Bachelor’s Degree required, with additional certifications or professional credentials preferred including JD, CPA, CFP, CFA, CTFA.
Ability to travel as needed for meetings, projects, seminars, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand and walk; use hands and fingers to operate keyboard and other office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
MS Office PC, fax, phone and standard office equipment.