Parsec’s mission is to help guide clients to financial security. The Paraplanner works directly with advisors to assist with the wealth management and financial planning needs of clients. This position is responsible for providing support to advisors including data collection, communicating directly with clients, analysis, formulating recommendations, monitoring and updating, and may assist with plan presentation.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Paraplanner can expect to focus in the following:
- Provide support to Advisors in financial planning process.
- Ensures that the financial planning process is followed and documented in accordance with CFP Board’s Practice Standards
- Work directly with the advisor to manage the financial planning process, and planning lifecycle, across client base
- Ensures thoroughness and accuracy of all financial plans.
- Interact with clients and prospects to gather data, prepare draft financial plans and/or updates, and conduct initial analysis and formulates recommendations in firm’s planning software or other tools.
- Attend client meetings and take notes as requested; manage/complete meeting follow-up items as requested.
- May be asked to kick off scheduling and data collection process for update meetings
- Prepare materials for client meetings; work with advisor and other team members to ensure client meetings are prepared for thoroughly, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Initiate and field client calls on various planning items and miscellaneous requests.
- Perform special request analyses for clients (e.g., mortgage analysis, social security analysis, etc.).
- Liaise with clients’ attorneys and accountants as needed as part of the data gathering process.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Initiate and field client questions regarding client side of planning software.
The Paraplanner position typically requires the following qualifications:
- College graduate (4-year degree or equivalent). Prefer Accounting, Finance, Law, or Economics degree.
- Licenses and credentials: FPQP (required, unless CFP).
- Minimum 1 year of experience in investment management and/or financial advisory services with demonstrated financial planning knowledge and ability to work well with clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with various financial planning, CRM, and portfolio management software.
- Demonstrated ability to give high quality of service to advisors and clients – including timely responses and availability to clients.
- Collaborative and able to work effectively with others.
- Demonstrates a commitment to accuracy by delivering high quality, error free work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Job-Specific Core Competencies
- Possesses a passion to engage with new and existing clients.
- Regularly exhibits high service standards that ensure client satisfaction and advocacy.
- Continuously exhibits personal integrity and professional initiative.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask.
- Must be able to prioritize workflow, and balance needs of multiple team members at once.
Firm-Wide Core Competencies
- Recognizes what tasks are most critical and gives those tasks more time, attention, and energy.
- Is honest, open and transparent.
- Demonstrates a commitment to accuracy by delivering high quality, error-free work.
- Maintains knowledge in given area of expertise.
- Demonstrates ability to work successfully in an entrepreneurial, small company environment.
- Highly adaptable to change and open to new ideas.
- Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a part of the team and organization.
Please email a resume and cover letter to Parsec’s Director of HR at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed. Please do not call about this opportunity. Thank you for your interest!