This is a unique opportunity unlike most in the financial services industry. First, our firm is completely independent…there is no broker dealer affiliation. Therefore, as fiduciaries our loyalty belongs exclusively to our clients. Second, we offer a competitive compensation structure (salary and bonus) and an equity ownership track for employees who demonstrate hard work and leadership characteristics while supporting the long-term goals of our firm. You will be a member of a collaborative and supportive team of high-performing colleagues all working hard to help us grow a successful and multigenerational business. At Rockwood, you won’t be stuck building your own book…all clients are clients of the entire firm; this is not an eat-what-you-kill position…we’re not that kind of firm.
We don’t trade much, we aren’t a product-centric firm and we don’t have a sales culture. We focus equally on our clients’ comprehensive financial planning deliverables and investment management. The right candidate is going to be equally comfortable generating an ultra-detailed financial plan and engineering and allocating a household portfolio across multiple accounts of different tax types…and then expertly communicating both to the client in a way the client enjoys the process.
Lead advisors are the primary managers of the client relationship and are the most experienced advisors in the firm. All lead advisors at the firm are expected to develop new client relationships and often work with, train, and supervise other staff in client service delivery.
If you are a wealth advisor (not a product salesperson) with 7+ years of experience, with or without an established portable client base, we encourage you to contact us to determine if you might be the right fit for our firm. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
At a minimum, successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree and a CFP® designation or similar.
- Deep professional curiosity about financial planning issues related to managing wealth (including but not limited to tax planning, risk management and insurance planning, estate planning, retirement planning, education planning, charitable giving, small business planning, corporate executives, debt instruments, etc.).
- Expertise in portfolio management, strategic asset allocation, and the ability to comfortably communicate that expertise to our clients.
- Series 65/66 or equivalent.
- Confidence, presence, and the professional disposition to work with our most sophisticated clients.
- Relentless positivism.
- Personal integrity and ability to discreetly handle confidential data.
- Specific experience working with MoneyGuide, Redtail, Tamarac, Fidelity, TD Ameritrade, and Charles Schwab Institutional Custodian Platforms are helpful, but not required.
- Desire to work in a suburban environment and contribute to the success of a fast-growing but humble company.
Duties and Responsibilities a Lead Advisor can expect:
- Client relationship development and management, including ongoing and regular client contact and communications in all mediums.
- Client service, including planning updates, portfolio changes and reviews, and thought leadership in all facets of wealth planning.
- Client asset management and coordination of complete financial planning and wealth management needs.
- Supervision, management, and development of current and future Associate Advisors; including oversight and coaching of client-facing team.
Salary and Benefits Information: