WH Cornerstone Investments, Inc. is a growing wealth management firm and we are looking for a full-time Financial Advisor to join our team. Our boutique RIA was established in 1996 and provides high touch, personalized service to our small client base of high-net-worth individuals and families, with a niche in supporting widows. The individual must be comfortable with and attracted to helping widows rise up and navigate their path forward. We currently manage $150 million of assets on the Schwab custodial platform for a fee-for-service in both in-depth financial planning and money management.
The Financial Advisor will provide stellar financial advice and service to our clients through preparing financial plans for new and existing clients while being mentored by the co-founders. Responsibilities will include responding to service requests, wide range of administrative work from account paper work to report generation. In addition, the individual will participate in investment management activities from research, report generation and trading.
We seek to provide an opportunity for someone with five years of experience already in the financial planning or investment management field, as well as, career changers who are enrolled in a CFP® education program.
Preference will be given to local applicants with the necessary qualifications, but exceptional candidates seeking a remote position will be considered.
More about the job
Things that will capture our attention.
- Commitment to life-long learning and CANI (constant and never-ending improvement).
- Record of community involvement.
- Progress toward certification CFP® and/or Series 65 exam.
- Candidate who sends us a personalized video introduction.
- Assist in the preparation of financial and investment plans with the goal to deliver plans to clients directly within a short period of time.
- Assist with client onboarding, including preparation of new accounts forms.
- Collect, organize and input client information.
- Answer routine client questions and service requests.
- Prepare and deliver client reports and help maintain client databases.
- Meet and network with prospects, clients, centers of influence and vendors, in due time.
- As directed, research investments, present findings in spreadsheets and make equity trades.
- Be a thinking partner to implement new technologies, workflows and growth strategies.
- Perform duties with confidence, minimal supervision and sound judgment.
- A self-starter who has the desire and ability to work successfully in a small company environment where it is expected that you will wear many hats.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Easy going/unflappable, self-aware, friendly and flexible.
- Interest in becoming a lead advisor in a few years.
- Listens more than talks and when speaks is thoughtful, straight-forward and succinct.
- Relaxed but professional in attitude and appearance.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of industry or work experience.
- Series 65 or passage of the exam within six (6) months of hire.
- CFP® (Certified Financial Planner Practioner) or enrolled in CFP® education program.
- Analytical mind.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and GoogleDocs (or equivalents).
- Comfortable with cloud-based applications, including CRM, financial planning software, portfolio management, online file storage, team-based communications, electronic document signing/sending programs.