Rademacher Financial, Inc. is an independent Registered Investment Advisor, registered with the SEC, headquartered in Lawrence, Kansas. We are currently seeking a highly-motivated hard-working individual to join our team, to assist the lead financial advisor in Lawrence, Kansas. Our Lawrence location services more than 400 clients with more than $140M in assets under management.
Rademacher Financial Inc. is committed to hiring an inclusive, diverse team. We are an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability.
This is a client-facing position. First and foremost, this role is to work as a member of the client-facing team to assist clients with any service/financial needs they may have.
Secondly, this position involves assisting Financial Advisor(s) in the firm predominantly in the area of financial planning and account service. The Associate FA works under the supervision of Phillip Rademacher and assists him directly with his book of business. This position grooms the successful candidate to eventually meet with clients of the firm on their own. As basic tasks are mastered, additional tasks/responsibilities will be assigned. General duties are described below.
- Attend client meetings for a segment of the firm. Prepare for and contribute to meetings as assigned, take notes, prepare summary letter and log follow-up tasks in CRM system.
- Attend prospective client meetings for a segment of the firm. Work with Advisor and rest of team throughout the onboarding process, preparing financial plan, documents and other steps in the process. Prepare and track new business/account service forms and open client accounts.
- Run Life Insurance and LTC quotes, prepare paperwork as needed and act as a liaison between client and Life Insurance Company.
- Work with team to answer incoming calls/receptionist duties as needed based upon staffing.
- Work with team to complete daily load of data into proprietary software which powers many software systems of firm.
- Serve as a back-up for Client Services Manager:
- Prepare financial plans for new clients. With growth in the position, prepare and present recommendations.
- Update financial plans for existing clients on an annual basis. Develop scenarios showing different options under the guidance of Advisor.
- Complete follow-up planning activities from client meetings.
- Answer ongoing financial planning questions for clients as needed.
- Initial review of clients’ tax returns for accuracy. With growth in the position, address cost basis questions/issues.
- As knowledge progresses—develop customized financial planning presentation materials.
Securities Trading (Only After Securities Licensed)
- Ability to make stock, bond, mutual fund trades in the RJ systems at the request of Lead Financial Advisor or client.
Office Management Team
- Assist with design of new processes as needed and improve existing.
- Attend client events as part of the client-facing team.
- Work with the team in the training/integration of new office staff/branches.
- Participate in annual Business Plan development for firm.
- Assist with planning company volunteer activities.
- Actively seek out opportunities to learn about changes in industry that directly impact role in firm.
First Year Expectations
- Pass Securities and Insurance Licensing Examinations within the first 90 days.
- Study for Certified Financial Planner Designation (timeline TBD)
- Get involved in the Lawrence community through organizations that interest you.
Growth in Role:
- Get to know the clients through one-on-one pre-meeting interactions, client events and other opportunities. Build relationships with them so that they trust you.
- As learning/skills/licensing/certifications progress, begin meeting with a segment of the client base on your own--eventually taking oversight responsibility for the services provided as a Financial Advisor.
- Assist with implementation of business growth projects/initiatives.
This is an excellent opportunity for a person who consistently seeks personal challenges and professional rewards. For the right person, this position offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. We are a growing firm and excited about adding the right member to our team. You will play a vital role in our firm’s ongoing growth and development.
Traits of a Successful Candidate:
- One year of related professional experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. A people person at heart who loves working with the public. This position presents both opportunities for in-depth knowledge of clients as well as educating them on financial planning topics/issues.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and other technology solutions. We use technology to leverage the number of clients that we can assist.
- A team player mindset and desire to do whatever is needed, big or small.
- Attention to detail with a perfectionist’s eye.
- Effective time management skills, ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment while prioritizing independent tasks and meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Maintain highest level of discretion with extremely confidential and sensitive information.
- Manage self and priorities, define own role and seek out additional responsibilities with minimal guidance.
- Dedicated to exceeding quality standards.
- Able to take instruction, but willing to dig in and learn things on your own.
- A desire to continually learn and grow, professionally and personally.
Because of the job responsibilities, preference will be given to candidates with experience or coursework in one or more of the following areas:
- Financial Planning
To Apply, submit the following to Rachel@RademacherFinancial.com
- Cover Letter summarizing your experience related to this position and how you would like to grow in the role.
- Names and Contact Information for 3 References (will not be contacted until we have your approval to do so)
- Salary History or Requirement