Bordeaux Wealth Advisors (“BWA”) is an independent investment advisory and wealth management firm with over $4.0 billion in assets under management across 190 families. We have offices in Silicon Valley and Seattle - areas that are synonymous with innovation, entrepreneurship, and wealth creation.
We serve as personal CFOs for high-net-worth individuals and families in growing, preserving, and transferring wealth. Our mission is to serve as our client's most trusted advisor: guiding them to achieve their financial goals and objectives and enabling them to achieve their ideal future. We take a holistic approach to overseeing our client’s entire financial situation and provide guidance on investment strategy and asset allocation, income tax, and cash flow planning, estate and wealth transfer, insurance and risk management, education, and retirement planning, as well as philanthropic gifting.
BWA’s culture is centered on a relentless pursuit of excellence, integrity, honesty, intellectual rigor, and curiosity, with a strong client service ethos. We are a proudly independent firm and believe deeply in putting our clients’ interests first.
The Associate Wealth Advisor is an integral member of the client service team working closely with the senior professionals of the firm to deliver exceptional advice and service to clients of BWA. The associate wealth advisor will support the firm’s Wealth Advisors and Lead Wealth Advisors by providing valuable information such as income tax planning and projections, investment evaluations and recommendations, financial analyses investment portfolio construction, estate planning and various other research projects.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in wealth management or related disciplines such as investment planning, financial planning, tax planning and estate planning with a strong desire to build a successful long-term career in the wealth management industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are generally representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive:
- Prepare agendas, reports and analyses for client meetings
- Play a key role in the ongoing maintenance of the firm’s portfolio accounting and performance reporting system
- Assist in the execution of client recommendations
- Run financial projections for clients using sophisticated Excel models
- Assist advisors in evaluating various financial decisions and strategies for clients by conducting research and complex financial analyses on a wide range of investment, tax, estate and financial planning topics
- Perform general research in areas of investments, income tax planning, estate planning, impact of recent regulations, and financial markets.
- Manage workflow and prioritize projects
- Participate on various BWA Committees.
The Associate Wealth Advisor position allows one to gain experience in many areas of financial planning and analysis ranging from:
- Investment Strategies
- Financial Modeling
- Asset Allocation
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Tax Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Insurance Strategies
- Estate Planning
- Charitable Giving
REQUIREMENTS – EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, COMPETENCIES & PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting/economics from a premier University with strong academic achievement
- Relevant work experience in wealth management is preferred
- CFP, CPA or CFA designation preferred or working toward achieving
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in Excel and a well-developed quantitative aptitude to develop models to analyze financial matters
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within strict deadlines while managing multiple priorities and open projects
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong integrity and honesty
- Strong professional and personal references
- Successfully pass background checks
An attractive compensation package will be offered to the final candidate commensurate with experience and ability. This package will include a competitive base salary, an incentive bonus, health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, a 401(k) plan and flexible paid time off.