Wealth Manager, Problem Solver, Financial Planning Guru (and Client Whisperer)
We take pride in improving the lives of our clients and team members. We do the right thing (even when no one is looking), and we believe that good goes around. As a result, our firm is growing rapidly. We want to hire talented people who share our values.
Do you want to work at a firm that puts client first? Do you embrace challenges and hard work? Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of others? Do you want a long-term career path where you can develop your skills and be proud of the work that you do?
If so, then you’re our kind of people.
As a “Wealth Manager, Problem Solver, Financial Planning Guru (and Client Whisperer)” you will become our clients’ most trusted advisor. Good interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication, and a thorough understanding of personal financial planning are “must haves”. A CFP® and/or CFA designation along with 5 or more years of relevant industry experience is strongly encouraged. A local candidate, or someone willing to relocate to the New Orleans area is strongly preferred. For a top performer, remote work with quarterly travel to New Orleans will be considered.
In this role, you will:
1. Learn our process and adopt our culture
- Understand and internalize our mission and values. Use these as your compass. Refer back to our mission and values if you are ever unsure about the best course of action to take with a client.
- Learn our Internal Systems and Processes. Understand the importance of adhering to our internal systems in order to better collaborate with team members and deliver excellent client service.
- Shadow team members to learn our internal operations. This includes Billing, Trading, and Client Service, as well as our procedures for preparing for and following up after client meetings.
- Complete multiple self-study training sessions for our CRM software. Then use your CRM proficiency to be proactive in executing tasks, preparing for meetings, and delivering on promises to clients and prospects.
2. Role play with various team members until you can effortlessly:
- Run an effective meeting with a prospective client. Ensure that you understand the client’s goals and objectives, gather the necessary financial data, and set reasonable expectations about working with our firm, all while making the client feel comfortable.
- Explain how we are compensated, give relatable examples of what it means to be a fiduciary, and articulately explain our portfolio management process. Identify and address any red flags or unreasonable expectations.
- Be able to explain the pros and cons of active versus passive investing, as well as the benefits and draw backs of using ETF’s, Mutual Funds, or individual stocks and when each is appropriate.
- Learn how to use our Retirement Planning software to create various workable Retirement scenarios. Be able to explain to clients, in plain English, how we will use this tool to help them make better financial decisions.
3. Meet with clients
- Attend client meetings alongside a lead advisor. Clients are all over the country and meetings will be a mix of Zoom, Conference Calls, and Face to face.
- With guidance from the lead advisor, you will be responsible for the preparation for these meetings, as well as the implementation of any follow-up items.
- Get to know our clients. Earn their trust and respect. Build lasting relationships with them.
- Reach out to referrals to obtain preliminary information, identify their needs, and determine if they are a fit for our firm.
- Anticipate problems. Proactively solve client service Issues.
- Create and present Financial Plans.
- Prepare 401(k) allocations for Wealth Management Clients.
- Prepare detailed, coherent, and easily readable summary letters after each client meeting.
- Gradually become the lead in the client relationship. Within 1 year, be comfortable running meetings independently. Within 2 years, become the main point of contact for all clients that you service.
- Provide outstanding service, deliver valuable advice, and solve problems.
- Put clients’ interests ahead of your own. Become their most trusted advisor.
- Simplify complex concepts into terms that clients can understand. Avoid using financial jargon.
- Run various financial planning scenarios to help clients determine when and how they can retire. Use these tools to come up with creative solutions to help clients reach their goals.
- Gather additional assets and uncover new business opportunities with our existing clients by delivering exceptional value.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of behavioral finance and client psychology. Understand the psychological factors that drive client behavior and use that to help clients make better long-term decisions.
- Give honest, empathetic feedback to clients if they are on an unsustainable trajectory. Help them course correct.
- Actively reevaluate client’s insurance needs using financial planning software. Help them determine the types and amounts of coverage that are appropriate given their individual needs.
- Help clients determine when an insurance product is unnecessary, and to properly evaluate the risks of self-insuring.
- Thoughtfully articulate the difference between term and permanent insurance, the pros and cons of each, and our philosophy about when each is appropriate.
- Help clients compare the features and benefits of Disability and/or Long-Term Care insurance products side by side and determine which is most suitable based on their needs and health.
- Give clients sound financial advice on a variety of topics. Be a resource for them, even on items outside of your scope of expertise.
4. Participate in projects with other team members
- Prepare MF and ETF research for Investment Committee Meetings.
- Coordinate product research or broader economic research as needed.
- Participate in client events and firm wide marketing.
- Assist in crafting firm-wide written communication to be sent to all clients when warranted.
- Cross train with Qualified Retirement Plan Team
- Get involved in a weekly networking group
- Go above and beyond. Help clients simplify their lives by taking tasks off of their plate. Make it easy for clients to do business with us.
- Take ownership of everything. Be relentlessly self-improving.
5. Become so good at your job that
- In 2 years, you are responsible for training other advisors
- In 3-4 years, you supervise a team of advisors