Title: Compliance Manager
Reports to: Chief Compliance Officer
Status: Full Time; Exempt
Date: January 2022
The Compliance Manager, as a delegate of the Chief Compliance Officer, is responsible for overseeing the RIA and broker dealer compliance. Duties include reporting potential risks to management, implementing policies and procedures to uphold the laws and regulations of the SEC, FINRA and State of Florida and monitoring the company’s adherence to those policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and maintain all required regulatory filings and disclosure documents in a timely, accurate and organized manner.
- Coordinate the preparation, implementation and ongoing review of all policies and procedures, training materials and other communication tools associated with the Firm’s regulatory compliance program that is continually updated with best practices.
- Monitor and test the Firm’s policies and procedures to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of the Firm’s compliance program.
- Perform and maintain annual risk assessment, as well as address any new conflicts of interest.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure compliance issues are addressed, investigated and resolved.
- Coordinate, interface and provide documentation to regulators, examiners and external auditors on matters relating to the organization’s internal controls for both the RIA and broker dealer.
- Conduct appropriate introductory compliance training for new employees and monitor for ongoing compliance of company policies and procedures.
- Perform ongoing monitoring and approval of personal trading, gifts, outside activities, outside brokerage accounts, attestations, political contributions and Code of Ethics policies and procedures through Schwab Compliance Technology (Schwab CT) software.
- Process electronic brokerage account data feed through Schwab CT.
- Manage the Firm’s Regulation S-ID Written Identity Theft Prevention Program and custody accounts.
- Process, update, renew and terminate individual registrations for the RIA and broker dealer, along with obtaining and terminating insurance licenses and appointments with various companies.
- Review and maintain advertising/marketing material approvals for both the RIA and broker dealer.
- Manage the day-to-day compliance tasks and the compliance calendar.
- Participate in various committee meetings.
- 7 years or more in compliance or financial operations experience required, including previous management responsibility
- Broad knowledge of state and federal securities regulations
- Experience with the current and proposed regulatory environment (SEC, FINRA and ERISA)
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four year college or university
- Licenses – Series 7, 63
- Professional designations/certifications – CFP® preferred
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe Writer, Junxure, Black Diamond and Schwab CT preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required
- Ability to design efficient systems and possess strong process and planning orientation required
- Must be accountable, adaptable and flexible with attention to detail
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be based on experience and bonus will be based individual and Firm performance. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), group life and short/long term disability.