What we are looking for -
Aspiriant, a national, independent, employee-owned wealth management firm is looking for an experienced Business Development Representative to head prospect outreach from qualified marketing-directed opportunities through our fastest growing lead-generation channel. The ideal candidate loves listening by asking the right questions, is socially and emotionally intelligent, and has a natural inclination for selling.
This position offers base salary plus bonus and has the opportunity for career development through advancement within our Marketing or Business Development teams.
You will -
- Assist Marketing to develop, implement and execute prospect strategies.
- Research leads and make outbound calls and emails, use social media platforms to generate new leads, and manage prospects along the sales cycle.
- Assess a prospect’s fit with Aspiriant based on financial complexity, assets, and other criteria.
- Schedule and engage in Discovery Meetings.
- Individually manage a pipeline with multiple prospects, utilizing Salesforce to track progress.
- Log, track and maintain prospects’ contact records.
- Strategize with team members to innovate and improve the overall sales development process.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the marketing and business development teams to develop and implement appropriate prospect communication plans.
- Achieve and exceed established monthly, quarterly, and annual goals.
We want -
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Positive, warm and high energy.
- Strong knowledge of wealth management preferred.
- Two years of professional experience selling financial services OR a strong desire to transfer your success in sales to financial services.
- Outstanding communication skills – phone, writing and listening skills and a genuine, approachable communications style.
- Self-starter who takes responsibility for his/her work, embraces change, has a growth mindset, and sees projects through to completion.
- Strong pipeline and CRM management skills required, including use of Salesforce and marketing automation system.
- Capacity to interact and communicate with co-workers at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to make formal and informal presentation to prospects.
- Ability to manage time effectively, work autonomously and be self-motivated.
- Strong prospect generation and follow-up skills.
Other Desired Attributes
- Progress towards CFP, series 65 or series 7 but not required.
- Former work as a registered client associate or financial advisor trainee.
We offer –
- Collaborative fun environment
- 401(k) with company match
- Individual and cash profit sharing bonuses
- Competitive company contribution to medical benefits
- Summer ‘Give Back to the Community’ outings
- Flexible work arrangements
- Continuing education assistance program
We are –
ASPIRIANT is a leading independent wealth management firm.
We recognize, respect and value the contributions of each employee, and we strive to cultivate a work environment that strikes an agreeable balance between our professional and personal lives.
Our core values guide us to seek out a broad range of perspectives, talent, and backgrounds to achieve our mission; one where all staff contribute to and share our success. Aspiriant is committed to diversity, and as an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
Applicants should go to www.aspiriant.com, select the ‘Careers’ link in the footer search for open positions in San Francisco, Los Angeles, or San Diego. From there attach a cover letter and resume for consideration.
Aspiriant is an Equal Opportunity Employer and follows the guidelines for any applicable Fair Chance Ordinances.
Aspiriant is a Registered Investment Adviser, subject to SEC regulation, and requires all employees (and at times, family members) to disclose securities holding and transactions. There are also restrictions on trading certain securities. Candidates are encouraged to request further information regarding these policies.