The Advisor at Financial Sense Wealth Management is an integral part of our team serving as the true connection between our clients, support team, and advisors. This great communicator, influencer and enthusiastic person will support the vision, positive culture and team spirit.
The Advisor provides comprehensive technical financial planning and investment management work, either, under the management of higher-level professionals or on their own. They usually work with other professional planners in the firm and are under the supervision of a Lead Advisor and/or Senior Advisor and have decision making abilities on client plans, investment portfolios and operational processes and procedures.
They have obtained the proper licensing and experience to work directly with clients. They may perform supervisory functions to lower level professionals and partner with the back office, support functions to higher level professional advisors relating to ensuring client satisfaction is at the highest level. The primary responsibility is managing a group of client relationships and work with other employees to provide the best possible client service.
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Client and Advisory Engagement
- Managing and engaging directly with a group of clients to best support their financial planning, investment management, and risk outcomes. Engages directly and is responsible for client retention and relationship with assigned clients.
- Understanding client’s needs, by identifying and confirming their objectives, goals, concerns and planning tools; communicating and representing client with those outside the organization, and other external sources to carry out the goals of client service.
- Provide guidance and expert advice to management, client or other groups outside the organization on technical financial planning and investment planning needs, systems, or process-related topics.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to help choose the best solution to solve client or operational problems.
- Ensures the compiling, categorizing, calculating, auditing, reconciling, downloading client data in the organizations’ client related software programs, including wealth profiles, Financial Planning Software and other related or connected programs is completed according to procedure.
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources to make sure client information is up to date. Translating or explaining what information means and how it can be used by other professionals.
- Identifies concerns, problems or opportunities within client profiles and notifying, updating or correcting the client information prior to it becoming a problem for the firm or the client.
- Identifies information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events, in the relationship and the data of the clients.
- Uses relevant information and sound judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Utilizes the ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide numbers quickly and correctly. The in-depth understanding of time value of money: present value, future value, annuity payments, internal rate of return and compounding interest.
- Update wealth profile and financial planning software with client data obtained at any point during the client/prospect life cycle.
- Supports Compliance to maintain an effective and robust investment advisory compliance program.
- Performs other compliance related tasks and projects as assigned.
III. POSITION SPECIFICATIONS
Experience and Education:
- A bachelor’s degree with a CFP®
- Series 7, 63, 65/66 required
- Ideally 3+ years of experience in a direct advisory capacity in financial services
- Strong leadership experience preferred
- Experience with investments and financial planning required
- Experience working with various custodial platforms
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening)
- Proficient in financial planning analysis and modeling
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Proficiency in Redtail preferred
- Knowledge of Broker Dealer and Investment Advisory Regulations a plus
- Demonstrates personal integrity, honesty and is able to deal with confidential information on a daily basis.
- Ability to handle stress in an ever-changing investment market.
- Excellent time management and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and anticipate potential problems.
- Collaborative and fun environment
- 401(k) plus profit sharing
- Company paid medical benefits
- Two weeks vacation and five sick days per year to start
- Paid firm outings and events
- Firm sponsored monthly lunches
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Revenue sharing paid semi-annually
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer