Wealth Management Associate
RMB Capital Management, LLC is a rapidly growing Chicago-based investment advisory firm with over $10 billion in assets under management. We are seeking a Wealth Management Associate to join our Wealth Management team in Washington, D.C. This is an exciting opportunity for a hard-working team player who wants to make an impact in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
The Wealth Management Associate trains to become a Wealth Advisor. The person will assist the Wealth Advisor in establishing relationships with clients and is responsible for maintaining client contact, servicing client needs and troubleshooting problems.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships and provide client service that builds satisfaction and
- Provide support to Wealth Advisors by gathering the necessary data to manage client Update and inform Wealth Advisors about client activity as appropriate.
- Analyze and evaluate the financial status of clients and prospects.
- Participate in 1-4 client or prospect meetings or calls each week.
- Understand how processes and products work together and apply that knowledge to satisfy client questions and
- Demonstrate critical thinking and good judgment in all
- Ensure completion of internal
- Research and communicate the resolution of complex problems and implement
- Develop and present financial planning recommendations, including but not limited to, retirement and education
- Provide effective, timely and proactive communication with clients, colleagues and third parties.
- Bachelor’s Degree or background in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 3+ years of experience working at a financial services firm in a client service role and/or advisory support role
- Any leadership experience in clubs, activities, sports, volunteer service, etc. is helpful.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated ability to build mutually beneficial relationships required.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize work required.
- Must be detail oriented and have demonstrated ability to solve problems and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to follow defined processes where they exist while also making adjustments and using good judgement when business circumstances dictate.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment required.
- Experience with MoneyGuidePro, BlackDiamond, and/or Salesforce helpful.
- Can typically learn new systems / computer programs quickly
- Ability to help act as a mentor to younger or less experienced individuals on team.
Licenses or Other Considerations:
- Successful candidates will demonstrate an aptitude to learn and grow, with increasing complexity of tasks over time.
- Series 65 licensed (or ability to obtain within 3-6 months of hire date).
- Current CFP certificate or willing to begin process within 12 months of hire date.
RMB Capital Management, LLC offers a dynamic work environment and competitive compensation and excellent benefits such as:
- Medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Sabbatical awards
- If you are offered this position, you will be required to share proof of a Covid-19
About RMB Capital
RMB Capital is an independent investment advisory firm. Its businesses include wealth management, family office services, asset management, and retirement plan consulting. Headquartered in Chicago, RMB also has offices in Denver; Lake Forest, Ill.; Milwaukee; Minneapolis; St. Joseph, Mich.; and Washington D.C. To learn more about RMB, visit www.rmbcap.com.
RMB Capital Management, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RMB Capital Management, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.