- CFP Board
- Washington D.C.
- Based on Experience
- Closing date
- Jul 25, 2022
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Experience Level
- 5 to 9 years
- CFP® Certification
- Not necessary
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance and Risk, the Accounting Manager is responsible for the overall accounting operations of the organization, including preparation of financial reports, maintaining an adequate system of accounting records, overseeing the accurate processing of financial related transactions, and maintaining a comprehensive set of controls to ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Assist with financial reporting, the annual Form 990 and 990-T filings and the annual financial audit and retirement plan audit.
- Oversees all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements. Ensures all balance sheet accounts are reconciled at month-end and year-end
- Assists in treasury functions to include banking administration
- Prepares monthly reports for the Vice President of Finance and Risk, Chief Financial Officer and the Finance & Investment Committee
- Compiles and prepares information for the third-party tax preparer necessary to complete the organization’s annual Form 990/990T; ensures Form’s accuracy and timely filing in accordance with federal and local regulations
- Participates in the annual budgeting process including knowledge and use of Solver reporting tool
- Maintains internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenses.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Provides financial analysis to departments for evaluating special projects, programs, and capital expenditures as needed.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
- Minimum of a BA or BS in Accounting or Finance; CPA required.
- Five or more years of accounting work experience with demonstrated ability to deliver regular financial reporting, ensure accurate transaction processing, comply with GAAP standards, and utilize internal controls to mitigate risk.
- Experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments.
- Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, and training; foresight and ability to delegate accordingly.
- Experience managing staff.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial information and apply insights to improve operations.
- Experience with compliance requirements, including but not limited to financial audit and all levels of tax reporting.
- Experience working for a not-for-profit in an accounting role preferred.
- Technology savvy with experience using Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and Microsoft Office Suite is preferred.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
To apply, submit your resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest, qualifications, and salary expectations.
The Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (“CFP Board”) - headquartered in Washington, D.C.-is the certifying body for financial planning professionals. It is a non-profit organization that fosters professional standards in personal financial planning through its setting and enforcement of the education, examination, experience, ethics, and other requirements for the CFP certification.
CFP Board believes that diversity of experience and perspective are strengths and seeks to continue to grow a highly committed, skilled and collaborative staff.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) is a non-profit organization that serves the public by fostering professional standards in personal financial planning. We set and enforce the requirements for CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification — to uphold standards of competency and ethics for financial planners who are committed to CFP Board to putting their clients' best interests first.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert