Exempt position responsible for managing the Registered Program functions with the purpose of upholding CFP Board’s initial certification and renewal requirements. Support organizational growth objectives for CFP Board Registered Programs consistent with stakeholder needs and market demands. Ensure a competitive and relevant education program that facilitates growth of certificants including target demographics. Maintain and expand, as needed, the education standards which provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to be successful personal financial planners.
- Manage the effective and timely review of prospective and established personal financial planning programs in a manner consistent with CFP Board standards.
- Manage the registration and renewal process for CFP Board Registered Programs, offering guidance and support as appropriate.
- Develop formal, written evaluations of all Registered Programs that identify opportunities for improvement of curriculum, instruction and learner assessment based upon current CFP Board Registered Program criteria.
- Maintain and develop productive relationships with CFP Board’s program directors, faculty, administrators, and students.
- Collaborate with the Director of College and University Relations on organizational objectives
- Provide second tier review for denied and disputed decisions within both functions, as well as reviews with Manager and/or outside consultants (including Council on Education when appropriate).
- Track and analyzes program partnerships and relationships in order to judge effectiveness; makes suggestions for improvement.
- Build strong partnership relationships at educational institutions.
- Continuously evaluate and improve the registered program procedures and policies for compliance, effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Creates and continually improves processes, courses and programs.
- Ensure timely review of transcript review application and provide appropriate feedback as needed
- Develop, plan and manage the department’s roles and responsibilities as part of the annual CFP Board Conference with consideration of program director needs, budgets, and stakeholder goals.
- Effectively plan and manage department’s deliverables and workflow.
Essential Functions (cont.)
- Designs, develops and manages systems/processes to support program needs and requirements including proposing and tracking metrics associated with organizational goals.
- Ensure accurate number or official count of Registered programs in participation with Finance and other departments.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate revenue and expense goals as budgeted. Identify opportunities for program revenue development.
- Enhance standards and policies and make recommendations to maintain CFP Board accreditation.
- Contribute and participate with Council on Education, including building effective working relationships and staff advisory resources.
- Remain current on trends impacting the profession and financial planning education.
- Prepare and deliver communications and presentations on CFP Board registered programs to Stakeholders and CFP Board staff.
- Train, coach and mentor staff and submit performance reviews as scheduled.
- Advanced degree in Education or Adult/Continuing Education. Ph.D or Ed.D. is a plus.
- Prior program and staff management experience (personal leadership and commitment to feedback, coaching, accountability and results for staff supervised)
- Prior experience in a similar Association or nonprofit or higher education institution desired.
- Thorough understanding of higher education structures and institutional accreditation required.
- Ability to review curriculum and supporting documents to discern content and relevancy to standards
- Knowledgeable about adult education best practices and current delivery formats particularly in professional certification organizations
- Understanding of financial services industry and financial planning through prior experience in a professional association or financial services industry preferred.
- Strong facilitation skills with demonstrated knowledge of adult learning principles and curriculum design.
- Capable of thinking strategically and executing with attention to detail.
- Demonstrates initiative, high energy and is a self-starter.
- Excellent relationship-builder and team player, capable of collaboration at multiple levels in the organization, including executive level.
- Excellent project management skills, including ability to multi-task and prioritize action items in a high volume environment
- Ability to uphold established service standards, including communication response time and application processing
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain established high quality
- Excellent written communication skills for an academic audience
- Excellent verbal communication skills to include effective presentation skills to internal and external audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including influencing and diplomacy skills
- Ability to logically construct a defensible position when confronted with ambiguity in the standards
- Strong customer service focus and ability to effectively ask questions, demonstrate empathy, and communicate in potentially challenging situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and understanding of databases, preferably netForum
To apply, submit your resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest, qualifications, and salary expectations.
The Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (“CFP Board”) - headquartered in Washington, D.C.-is the certifying body for financial planning professionals. It is a non-profit organization that fosters professional standards in personal financial planning through its setting and enforcement of the education, examination, experience, ethics, and other requirements for the CFP certification.
CFP Board believes that diversity of experience and perspective are strengths and seeks to continue to grow a highly committed, skilled and collaborative staff.