HWA Financial Group is an investment advisory firm in Ellicott City, MD. The firm provides wealth management and investment consulting services to individuals and institutions.
Title: Client Relationship / Financial Planning Associate
Reports to: Owner
Date: March 11, 2022
This is an ideal job for someone looking to begin / advance their career in the financial services industry and, if desired, work their way up to becoming a financial advisor.
The Client Relationship / Financial Planning Associate is responsible for assisting the firm’s two financial advisors in creating a superior client experience. This position builds on the traditional Client Relationship Associate role. Responsibilities will include creating and maintaining various client databases, preparing client reports, assisting in daily client related tasks, maintaining contact with clients to provide or obtain updated information, schedule meetings, troubleshoot problems, and develop client communication and marketing strategies.
Once the above tasks have been mastered, your role would expand to include financial planning related tasks. Here, your responsibilities would include participating in client meetings, data gathering, financial planning, and scenario and model building. In addition to client focused tasks, the position will entail performing firm related tasks such as enhancing the client service and internal policies, and preparing quarterly reports for investment consulting clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Client Relationship / Financial Planning Associate can expect to focus in the following areas:
- Communicate with clients, verbally and in writing.
- Deliver superior client service—troubleshoot problems, schedule and organize meetings, serve as liaison between Advisors and clients as needed Manage client information—prepare client reports, submit and follow up on necessary paperwork, regularly update CRM
- Assist in managing all client relationships, both individual and institutional.
- Assist in preparation for client meeting – agenda, investment reports, financial plan, and financial analyses, etc.
- Assist/prepare financial analyses for both individual and institutional clients.
- Assist with back office tasks.
The Client Relationship / Financial Planning Associate position typically requires the following qualifications:
- High ethical and moral compass.
- 2-5 years of experience in the financial services industry or other client based professional field (such as, accounting, law, consulting, marketing, education, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- No industry licenses are required. Working towards a CFP designation or other professional financial designations is a plus.
- Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, CRM software, and highly proficient in Excel.
- Focus on detail is required.
- Must be organized and able to multitask.
- Client first attitude.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others.
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment.
Salary and Benefits
Pay/benefits are competitive based on industry standards.
- Salary will be based on experience. Bonus. Benefits include health insurance and profit sharing. Partial and/or full financial support for professional accreditation/continuing education requirements and other education/training opportunities.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will confirm receipt of your resume and contact you.