The Assistant Branch Manager (ABM) is part of the Branch Network where we deliver Wealth Management services to clients to meet their financial needs. In this role, you will report to the Branch Manager and responsibilities will be dependent on the Branch Manager’s span of control and geographic location. In collaboration with the Branch Manager, the ABM will develop and execute a comprehensive local business plan focused on growth of market share and client assets.
As a branch leader, the Assistant Branch Manager will focus on retention and development of top talent through coaching, performance management, and employee engagement. You will have oversight of one or several branches including having Associate Financial Consultants, Financial Consultants and the Client Service staff as direct reports. In this position, you will be responsible for delivering an excellent client experience through effective coaching of branch professionals and operational execution as necessary to ensure proper oversight, compliance and risk management of the branch.
As a local representative, the Assistant Branch Manager will be involved in community development in partnership with the Branch Manager to increase brand awareness through the development and execution of events, workshops, and sponsorships as well as participation in organizational memberships.
Under the mentorship of a Branch Manager, you will progress through a learning curriculum that will prepare them for a Branch Manager role in approximately 18-24 months. Since this is a development role, those that are hired into this position need to be flexible to relocation across the network when a manager role becomes available.
What you have
Required minimum skills and qualifications are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work related experience
- A valid and active Series 7 license required
- A valid and active Series 66 (63/65) license required
- A valid and active Series 9/10 (8) license required (may be obtained within a 90 day condition of employment)
- A valid and active Life and Health Insurance license is required (may be obtained within a 120 day condition of employment)
- CFP designation is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years in the financial services industry with leadership experience preferred
- Strong brokerage and industry knowledge
- Proven ability to provide ongoing employee coaching, development, and recognition
- Demonstrated business development experience with a strong drive for results
- Demonstrated dedication to treating clients in an ethical, empathetic, and proactive way
- Ability to build and sustain strong trusted partnerships with employees, peers and colleagues in other work groups based on mutual trust
- Sound operational and supervisory judgment
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to build and deepen relationships with clients, within the community and within Schwab to achieve desired results
- Demonstrated commitment to holding yourself and others to high degree of integrity