This position presents a unique opportunity to establish and maintain long-term, trusting relationships with clients by delivering comprehensive wealth management services. Modera is a fast-growing firm and has a track record of providing career development opportunities from entry level to ownership.
Modera is an independent, fee-only firm that strives to make a lasting positive impact on the lives of our clients through comprehensive financial planning and intelligent investment management.
We are seeking individuals who embody Modera’s core values:
- Confident Humility – a quintessential team player, willing to do whatever it takes to get a job done Contagious Growth Mindset – a continuous learner with intellectual curiosity that inspires others Pragmatic Optimism – a positive attitude grounded in realism
In addition, the ideal candidate:
- Shares our commitment to diversity and an inclusive working environment
- Is extremely organized with excellent attention to detail
- Thrives in an environment focused on creative problem solving
- Is an engaging and charismatic communicator
- Has a passion for excellent service
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing customized comprehensive financial plans focused on cash flow, tax, investment strategy, retirement planning, estate planning, executive compensation, and risk management.
- Building deep relationships with clients, including communicating with clients on the implementation of their financial plans, illustrating the potential impact of various plan scenarios and updating plans based on key events in their lives.
- Actively participating in client meetings with current primary relationship manager.
- Collaborating with investment team to manage client portfolios and provide research on investment products and economic trends.
- Communicating with clients about investment performance, including key contributing factors and trends.
- Managing rebalancing activities such as investment changes and tax-loss harvesting in conjunction with client cash flow needs.
- Facilitating your client service team’s new client onboarding process and monitoring service requests.
- Fostering new business development opportunities to help the firm grow.
- Over time, responsibilities will evolve to include ability to serve as lead advisor for client relationships.
Qualifications for this position:
- CFP® certification.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a wealth management-related or financial services field.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills. Thorough understanding of investment concepts; comfortable communicating investment strategies.
- Highly proficient in financial planning software and computer software, including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player, able to work well with all levels of the firm, as well as with clients.
- Adaptability and flexibility are required; ability to work under pressure and beyond standard hours during busy periods to meet client needs you manage with team.
- Personable, warm, engaging; Client first attitude.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience Performance-based bonus Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with discretionary profit sharing Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex-Spending Account, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability and Group Life insurance Paid vacation Opportunities for professional growth and continuing education Partial remote work