WHO WE ARE
Christopher Street Financial (CSF) is a unique financial planning and wealth management firm based in New York City with clients nation-wide. Founded in 1981, Christopher Street Financial started as a dream and a commitment to provide a safe, equitable space for the gay, lesbian, and allied community to have access to professional, high-quality financial advice and investment services.
A lot has changed since the birth of Christopher Street, but one thing has not: our commitment to provide high-quality financial planning and investment services for the LGBTQ+ community and those who share our values. We now serve over 450 households and manage over $700 million in assets. And while we are still experts in the unique financial, tax and legal needs of unmarried couples, as time has gone by, we have seen a wider spectrum of people seeking out Christopher Street Financial to find a safe partner to explore their financial journeys.
Our mission is to build life-long client relationships. We design life plans and investment strategies that are designed to protect and build client wealth. Our team of professionals is committed to a goals-driven investment philosophy, disciplined approach, and impact investing leadership. By trusting us with their wealth, clients are trusting us with their future and with their peace of mind.
WHO YOU ARE
As an Associate Financial Advisor at Christopher Street Financial, you will be an integral part of our team, working with Senior and other Associate Financial Advisors, Client Service professionals, and directly with clients to support their financial needs.
You should share our passion for serving clients and community and our belief in the value of collaboration, optimism, communication, and respect for each team member’s abilities. You will be part of a community where everyone is expected to contribute and everyone benefits.
A successful Associate Financial Advisor is a self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and initiative. Working with Senior Financial Advisors, we will depend on you for the thoughtful, thorough, and accurate preparation of financial planning and portfolio review meeting materials. You will be accountable for careful meeting notes and timely follow-up. You will be responsible for clear and precise communication and respectful collaboration with our Client Services staff on client data and account management needs. You will be expected to work well both independently and as part of team. And, you will be asked to participate in personal goal and firm-wide initiatives as we continue to grow and constantly improve how we operate in service of our clients.
In return, you will have an opportunity to assume increasing responsibility for primary relationships. As you progress along our career track, you will benefit from one-on-one mentorship with Advisors who have decades of experience. You will join a team that is supportive and which looks for your full commitment, creativity, and insights.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing strong client relationships, understanding and addressing clients’ situations, values, and unique needs while providing an exceptional experience
- Preparing for client meetings, including drafting financial and investment plans
- Creating custom spreadsheets for analyzing scenarios and structuring recommendations
- Preparing and presenting proposals, presentations, and financial plans for clients
- Clearly explaining both simple and complex concepts to clients with a range of financial sophistication
- Engaging with clients in virtual meetings, in person, by phone, and by email.
- A significant amount of email writing is required
- Taking thorough meeting notes and managing follow-up tasks
- Documenting all client activities, communications, and presentations in files and systems
- Maintaining data and workflows in CRM system Performing research and analysis on various client-specific planning issues
- Analyzing client’s existing portfolios and developing recommendations
- Developing asset allocation strategies for outside accounts such as 401(k) plans
- Speaking knowledgeably about CSF custom portfolios
- Analyzing tax harvesting opportunities
- Reviewing and managing client cash positions
- Assisting with developing prospects and onboarding new clients
At Christopher Street Financial, successful team members possess the following attributes:
- They are deeply service-oriented and exhibit true compassion for clients
- They fundamentally understand that delivering an engaging, dynamic, and rewarding client experience is key to our success
- They work well in a team and enjoy achieving success with others.
- At the same time, they are intrinsically motivated by personal growth and career development
- They embody the highest standards of personal and professional integrity
- They have an always-current insight into the financial industry and financial planning practices
- Have an interest in keeping up-to-date with the markets, financial industry, and best practices for financial planners
- They have the initiative to bring insights to the team and the ability to implement best practices.
- They efficiently manage multiple team and personal assignments with deadlines
- They take thoughtful, decisive actions and accept full ownership and accountability
- They are able to adapt their communication style in order to create meaningful connections with diverse clients and co-workers
- They possess a desire and ability to effectively mentor and train colleagues
- They are good-natured, happy, and engaged in what they do
- They enjoy working hard in an atmosphere where collegiality, respect, and a balance between work and personal time are valued
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Successful employment history with a minimum of three years relevant experience
- CFP® designation
- Able to present and communicate clearly, logically, and persuasively in person and in writing
- Excellent computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with financial planning software such as eMoney or MoneyGuide Pro preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Christopher Street Financial offers competitive compensation based on experience and current industry benchmarks. We offer a career track for all positions with an opportunity for increasing responsibility and reward. We aspire to create a great balance between each team member’s work and personal expression.
Specifically, our benefits package includes:
- Paid Time Off – Starting at 20 days per year
- Health Insurance – 100% employer-paid base option with seven upgrade options
- Paid Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k) options with 4% employer match
- Hybrid work opportunities
- Personal Wellness Reimbursement
- Charitable Giving Matching
- Adoption and Paid Parental Leave benefits
- FSA/HSA, pre-tax commuting, and additional voluntary benefits
WHAT COMES NEXT?
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity with our team, please submit your resume along with a short response explaining why you are interested in Christopher Street Financial and why you believe you would be a good fit for our team. You may contact us at email@example.com. We look forward to starting the conversation!