Lead Financial Planners provide technical financial planning work to a specific segment of clients and leadership to the client services team. This is a professional position in a client-focused environment and requires extensive knowledge of financial planning concepts such as retirement planning, investment strategies, risk management, taxes and estate planning. The focus will be to prepare and regularly update holistic financial plans for each client, coordinate appropriate investment strategies based on the clients’ needs and input from the Chief Investment Officer, provide timely responses and ongoing care to each client’s concerns, build relationships with multiple generations to add continuity to the families’ relationships with the company, utilize third-party providers to extend the “share of wallet” for each client relationship and dedicate time to business development. The position is designed to provide the right candidate a career path leading to the position of Senior Financial Planner and potentially equity shareholder.
- Possesses a passion to serve the clients and to lead the client service team
- Believes integrity supersedes all other qualities and generosity is active
- Demonstrates confident professionalism, expertise and leadership qualities
- Enjoys an insatiable intellectual curiosity regarding the financial planning process
- Is reliable and follows through on commitments
- Is detail-oriented and actively seeks creative and value-adding solutions
- Has a strong process and planning orientation
- Is goal-oriented, task-driven and strives to continuously improve
- Designs efficient systems and seeks productivity improvements
- Understands the need to delegate to and collaborate with the team
- Values the success of the company through non-client related contributions
- Is personable, engaging and friendly
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding service and prepare and deliver holistic financial plans and other deliverables to each client.
- Provides financial peace of mind to a segment of 60-80 client households.
- The Lead Planner is charged with resolving client issues, answering questions, updating plans, completing forms (when necessary), communicating with the clients’ other advisors, developing leads and prospective clients, leading the onboarding process for new clients and addressing other practice management and service tasks as needed.
- Develops and secures new client relationships to grow the revenue segment by 15% or more per year.
- Coordinates the plan implementation and collaborates with third-party providers to assist clients in fulfilling plan recommendations.
- Leads client meetings and ensures follow-up on meeting action items. Delegates non-Planner follow up work to the client service representative or other operations team members. Creates and monitors business processes while communicating regularly with clients regarding the status of outstanding action items.
- Supports client relationships by responding to client requests in a timely and professional manner, continually aspiring to deliver value and service beyond the expected.
- Develops and demonstrates leadership skills and pursues opportunities to add value to the company.
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® designation or CPA/PFS
- Bachelor's degree required in financial planning, business administration, finance, accounting or related field. Other degrees acceptable with applicable work experience.
- Familiarization with financial concepts, investment products, insurance strategies and products, estate planning strategies, goal setting, cash flow, retirement income strategies and taxes.
- Experience with eMoney, Salesforce CRM, Tamarac Systems, NetDocuments, Docusign, By All Accounts, Bloomberg Tax and Microsoft Office tools a plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Annual base-salary-reset based on a percentage of the team’s revenue responsibility
- 50% bonus paid quarterly on any financial planning fee revenue
- 401(K) Plan and Profit Sharing Plan
- Life and disability insurance provided Health and dental plans available
- Unlimited paid vacation (subject to approval)
- One paid community service day (8 hours) per month
- Paid federal holidays