Tiras Wealth Management
Wealth Management Focus Over the past 33 years, Scott Tiras has grown Tiras Wealth Management organically through traditional methods like client referrals as well as a workplace partnership with a major oil company. We work with clients using a comprehensive financial planning approach to help them achieve long-term goals, preserve, and grow their wealth, and feel confident about their financial future. Scott Tiras, with the assistance of fellow financial advisor Crystal Garrett and a team of 15 support associates, is proud to be recognized as one of the top 5 producers in Ameriprise Financial over the past 20 years. In addition, he has been honored to be recognized by many publications in their annual lists of the country’s top financial advisors including Barron’s Top 100 Independent Advisors, 2007-2021; Barron’s Hall of Fame, 2019; Forbes Top Wealth Advisors, 2016-2021; and Houston Business Journal, Top Wealth Management Firms and Practices, 2015-2021. Named #4 on HBJ’s Best Places to Work in Houston in 2021!
Interns will walk away with a good understanding of Tiras Wealth Management and Ameriprise Financial, our culture, as well as our TWM team and mission to provide the best client experience in the industry. Interns will get exposure to key team members, key processes, key industry and company topics, and be a part of key initiatives and deliverables that drive the business.
Education & Experience
Must be a rising senior pursuing a bachelor’s degree with a focus in personal financial planning. Economics, finance, etc. acceptable.
Microsoft Office suite: The intern should have an understanding of basic Excel and Word functions. We will provide training on how we specifically use these tools for our business.
As an intern at Tiras Wealth Management, you will:
- Be assigned projects/activities to support the team.
- Sit in on calls and meetings with advisors and learn how we address client questions and concerns.
- Learn how we present the financial planning analysis and wealth management options to potential and current clients.
- Receive direct training from Client Service Paraplanners on preparing advisors for meetings.
- Have access to top level Ameriprise economists and market strategists’ commentary and white papers. Have access to a monthly portfolio manager’s market commentary.
- The senior client service team will take on an informal mentoring role if the intern is interested in becoming an advisor in the future.
Duration of Internship: 3 months (summer internship) or 1 year (year round internship available)
Hours per week: 20 – 30 hours per week
Hourly wage: $15 per hour