The Financial Planning Group is part of the broader Investor Services organization and is primarily responsible for helping individuals and families with their financial needs. Whether it’s retirement planning, charitable giving, estate planning, active investing or managing banking and lending needs, Investor Services can help.
The Financial Planning Group works with branch partners and Schwab Private Client Investment Advisors to provide comprehensive financial planning services for clients and prospects seeking advice on how to reach multiple goals. The financial plan includes a customized analysis to address client or prospective client goals, such as: retirement, college, risk management, asset allocation, and estate planning needs. After setting realistic expectations with the client or prospect, the Schwab Financial Planner prepares and presents a financial plan which will identify a client’s current situation, opportunities and gaps, and advise on specific steps to meet financial goals.
- Providing exceptional on-going client support by handling day-to-day service requests via phone and email
- Assisting clients in navigating and understanding Schwab’s website, proprietary investing tools, portfolio performance data and third-party research
- Scheduling clients with their dedicated Portfolio Consultant for ongoing consultation regarding risk tolerance, asset allocation, advice strategy and how these factors impact the portfolio and investing goals
- Collaborating to achieve efficient and effective practice management within a team-based environment
What you are good at
The Financial Planner is responsible strengthening the relationship between Schwab and clients who have the need for advice on complex financial situations. The financial planning process includes cultivating referral relationships with internal partners, supporting client relationships based on the needs of clients and partners, and working directly with clients to assess and advise on complex financial planning topics. Candidates should have a strong background in client and practice management, presentation and communication skills, and expertise in the area of financial planning.
Responsibilities include; working with assigned internal Schwab departments (primarily the Branch and Schwab Private Client Investment Advisors) to cultivate a referral relationship.Interact directly with clients in delivering detailed and customized financial plans. Participate in ongoing personal development and training to continually grow as a professional and advisor. Participate in joint sales calls regarding Schwab’s financial planning capabilities.
What you have
- CFP® designation required
- Active FINRA Series 7 (or a condition of employment to obtain license within 120 days)
- Active FINRA Series 63/65 or 66 (or a condition of employment to obtain license within 120 days)
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience with creating and presenting complex/comprehensive financial plans
- In-depth knowledge and demonstrated sales skills to close and sell financial planning services
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and financial plans to ensure that an accurate final plan is delivered to each client/prospect in a timely manner.
- Extensive knowledge and mastery of moving clients through complete and complex financial planning cycle
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external partners to address clients/prospects financial needs and goals.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively communicate complex topics to clients.
- Strong client services skills and ability to anticipate and resolve problems on own initiative.
Please note; as part of the selection process for this position, internal applicants may be asked to submit to an updated credit and CRD background screening.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.