CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER, CFP®
At Financial Finesse, the pioneering and leading provider of unbiased workplace financial wellness programs in the country, we are passionate about our business mission to empower people to achieve financial independence, and we utilize thoughtful and innovative strategies to implement and expand our impact. We are looking for highly talented and experienced CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals to add to our growing team.
Our Financial Planners are our greatest asset, working collaboratively to design and deliver personalized financial education programs. With the ability to cover any financial topic, from serious debt issues to advanced estate planning, the programs are delivered through a wide variety of mediums, such as in-person, online, over the phone, and in group settings. Free of the pressure to sell any products or services whatsoever, our planners are focused on providing people with completely unbiased information and guidance so individuals are able to make independent and informed decisions about their financial life and sustain important behavioral change.
Financial Finesse is headquartered in El Segundo, CA, and our planners are based in both our headquarter office and nationwide.
Resident Financial Planners are intimately involved in all of the following capacities:
- Financial education and guidance – facilitate workshops, webcasts, 1 on 1’s, and phone-based financial coaching using a proprietary methodology designed to help individuals change their financial habits and behaviors.
- Product development and innovation – develop new products, services, curriculum, and continually innovate existing products and services.
- Research and content contribution – analyze data and experiences to write articles and develop research on trends in personal finance, which are published by financial planning and HR publications and utilized by a large range of professionals and individuals.
- Strategic contributions and leadership – leverage personal passions and talents to lead or contribute to emerging areas of the business as we continuously broaden our business model.
- CFP® certification – MUST be current and active; other designations are a bonus.
- 10 years minimum industry experience (this is a firm minimum requirement).
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of financial planning.
- Consultative approach – active listening and assessment of needs, compassion and understanding, ability to change approach based on individual needs, and communicate in terms people can relate to and understand.
- Ability to gather research and compile data and information in a clear and usable format.
- Excellent public speaking skills, with experience facilitating financial workshops a plus.
- Effective communication skills, verbally and in writing.
- Initiative, dedication and desire to thrive in a fast changing entrepreneurial environment, with flexibility to meet the needs of the business.
- Willing to forgo existing clients and planning practice, in order to ensure 100% unbiased perspectives.
- Ability to travel (up to 50%) to deliver workshops and onsite financial planning sessions.
The Financial Planner career path provides a unique opportunity for passionate CFP® professionals who seek to make an impactful difference with an expansive reach. The right candidates will be excited about taking ownership of their role in the company, leveraging their strong professional knowledge and expertise to guide and empower individuals. Beyond core responsibilities, each Planner also contributes to the business in a unique way that aligns with their passions and strengths and the business needs. These opportunities exist in areas such as innovation, content contribution, speaking engagements, analytics, and consulting. Also, as members of our Think Tank team, our Planners are highly intelligent and intuitive thought leaders, contributing to the educational content and research reports designed and delivered by Financial Finesse.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Total compensation for the Financial Planner Position averages between $115,000 and $135,000 including a $100,000 base salary. Additional compensation is available through promotions and a profit-sharing plan. Our full benefit package includes employer paid medical, dental, vision, and life, HSA and FSA options, a 401(k) with immediate vesting, employee discount programs, a flexible work environment, and (of course!) best-in-class financial wellness resources for employees, friends and family.
ABOUT FINANCIAL FINESSE
Financial Finesse is a boutique, entrepreneurial firm located in El Segundo, CA. Since its founding in 1999, we have been the pioneering leader of the workplace financial wellness industry, which has recently reached an inflection point of growth. As an employee-owned company that operates with an entrepreneurial spirit and a philanthropic heart, we love what we do and the people we work with. We leverage the strengths of our people and technology to work with large organizations such as Nestlé, CVS Health, and the NFL Players Association to custom design and deliver full-scale, proprietary financial coaching solutions which are provided as a free benefit for employees. We’ve been around for 20 +years, and we’re honored to have been recognized by Los Angeles Business Journal as a ‘Best Place to Work’, by Entreprenuer.com as a ‘Top Company Culture’, and Best in Biz as ‘Most Innovative Small Company of the Year’.
TO LEARN MORE:
Financial Finesse Recruiting Process