Fundamentally, we believe all investors should have access to advice and financial planning without compromise and without the high cost typically associated with these services. We help clients achieve their financial goals through proactive wealth management solutions built upon a financial plan and utilizing a thorough investment methodology. With a focus on inspiring client loyalty and a commitment to employee engagement through career development, we support clients and employees in reaching their goals.
This position is part of a team of specialists who deliver planning guidance and advice to our clients virtually. Our teams are dedicated to making a difference through the power of planning. We connect, deeply understand and paint a picture of what’s possible regarding our client’s financial lives. As Fiduciaries, we bring expertise across the 13 Wealth Management topics in conjunction with powerful technology to inspire clients to take action and own their financial legacies.
What you are good at
As a Financial Planner at Charles Schwab, you will partner with clients to understand their goals, wishes, and concerns so that they can successfully plan their financial future. As a Financial Planner you will work with clients to provide confidence and clarity regarding their overall financial lives and provide impactful recommendations that will benefit and help strengthen their overall plan.
- Quickly build rapport with clients and conduct discovery conversations to better understand their holistic financial needs. Demonstrate the value and importance of partnering with a CFP® professional on an ongoing basis Partner with clients to create, review and refine their overall financial roadmap and deliver their personalized financial plan Provide ongoing support for our clients beyond the initial appointment, including updating their financial plan to reflect changes in life and financial circumstance and determining the client’s ongoing appropriateness for the recommended investment allocation solution.
- Recommend and subsequently enroll clients into specific portfolio(s) based on the client’s individual plan and personal needs. Apply a planning-based, consultative approach to assess and determine appropriate solutions to meet client’s goals and needs. Collaborate with other organizations within the firm to create partnerships that help identify clients that would benefit from these services
Time management / organization / ability to utilize new technologies
- Proven track record to manage multiple tasks and priorities to ensure that an accurate final plan is delivered to each client/prospect in a timely manner Proactive management of schedule and appointments for clients related to their initial, follow up and annual review planning conversations Ability to coordinate meetings and presentations with business partners and clients Conduct follow-up appointment activities and connect clients with internal Schwab specialists or departments.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to:
- Be part of a team that is on the forefront of how financial planning and investment advice is delivered to clients using our technology and digital capabilities Be part of a fast-paced environment where you will work on a highly collaborative team of 10-12 professionals with a supportive manager focused on your professional development and coaching to achieve your long-term career aspirations Learn from a variety of mentors, coaches and leaders that are focused on you and your career at Schwab Demonstrate a strong passion for planning, understanding of the markets, empathy, energy, and problem solving while delivering unparalleled value and outstanding service to our clients. Uncover development opportunities to further deepen our clients’ overall relationship with Schwab
What you have
We place a premium on high performance, quality service and the ability to execute our strategy. Essential skills include:
- Masters level or equivalent Financial Planning-related designation CFP® designation is required Life and Health Insurance licensing required
- Active and valid FINRA Series 7license required Active and valid FINRA Series 63/65 or 66 required (may be obtained within the first 120 days condition of employment) Bachelor’s degree required Prefer a minimum of 5 years of financial services experience in addition to 2 years of Financial Planning experience Passion for financial planning to help clients manage their financial futures and build stronger relationships with clients
- Ability to articulate the value and importance of financial planning services Knowledge and ability to move clients through complete and complex financial planning cycle Ability to work effectively with internal and external partners to address clients/prospects financial needs and goals. Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively communicate complex topics to clients. Strong client services skills and ability to anticipate and resolve problems on own initiative.
- Embrace an entrepreneurial and self-starter mentality Able to quickly learn new technology and utilize a variety of data and systems in order to proactively identify solutions to client financial needs. Strong analytical skills and attention to detail in order to adhere to policies, procedures and guidelines. Proven work ethic with a high level of integrity to build trust with our clients and internal partners Collaborative and relationship-focused work style with demonstrated success in a team-based environment.
- Open to ongoing coaching and development to achieve positive client outcomes and achieve professional career aspirations
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.