BHJ Wealth Advisors (www.BHJadvisors.com) seeks an experienced financial advisor/wealth manager with a strong mix of skills to deliver “wow” client service along with technical talent for investment management and financial planning. The intent is for this to be a partner-track position over 2-3 years assuming current founding partner transition to retirement.
BHJ is an independent, SEC registered investment adviser serving clients mostly in the Puget Sound area. BHJ’s boutique size allows responsive client engagement and quality work-life balance. Existing per client average AUM is over $2 million. Clients are affluent households/families/individuals, mostly retirees. The business is owned equally by two founding partners. More details are available via ADV Part 2A.
Work is expected to be mixed between the company’s office, remote visits to see some clients and at-home work. The financial advisor/wealth manager would join two CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals. This position will lead client relationships and perform operational/administrative work related to client accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher Strong communications skills (verbal and written) 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry, including experience leading client relationships and business development CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ or Chartered Financial Analyst designation completed. Core competency in personal financial concepts, investment strategy and products, portfolio analysis, goal setting, retirement income, cash flow, etc. Secondary competency in estate, tax, insurance, charitable giving, etc. Clean compliance record with no disclosure events
- Aspirations for a long-term career path with high income potential Desire to be an owner of a registered investment adviser, and financial capacity to buy into ownership Experience with technology stack – Schwab Advisor Center, Envestnet Tamarac, Money Guide, Redtail, Riskalyze, and others Writing experience to contribute to blog, newsletter, quarterly commentary/outlook and other communications
- Ability to identify, meet, and follow through with client’s needs and requirements Must be a motivated self-starter and a problem solver Must interact effectively and be a goal-oriented team player Strong attention to detail Able to meet deadlines Comfort with the uncertainty of market fluctuations Exceptional phone, video, email and in-person client service skills Interested in participating in non-advisory, operational aspects of managing a small RIA
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop deep understanding of clients’ objectives, goals, needs, expectations, etc. Demonstrate exceptional listening skills Educate clients on financial literacy, investment philosophy, financial planning options and opportunities Create and present financial plans using output from applicable sources Provide client relationship support through managing/gathering/analyzing client data, helping prepare financial plans and other client deliverables. Work with advisors and clients to resolve issues Document client meetings and follow-up on meeting action items, aspiring to deliver beyond the expected Prepare and make recommendations on client investments, including the creation of Investment Policy Statements and portfolio allocation reports Analyze information and evaluate alternatives to help choose solutions for clients
- Negotiated salary based on experience, skill set, potential transfer of existing clients Paid time off, health insurance, retirement savings plan with employer contribution Professional education/certification expenses covered
This job description is certainly incomplete. The most important determination of fit will come from a detailed conversation.